ooo. JUNIPER VESPERA had her life taken away from her too soon. Everyone thought that the girl would have the strength to fight the sickness that plagued her health until realisation hit them like a tight current. It was horrific to watch as the girl that was full of light in her eyes suddenly fade as time passed them so quickly. Before they could blink, Juniper was laying on her deathbed—the only thing keeping her alive was the life support Juniper was hooked up to. Her father, Mateo, would not give up on his little girl as she continued to fight the cancer intoxicating her veins. No doctor knew of a cure nor the cause for this to happen, but Mateo—as the father—was keen on finding the solution to saving Juniper. But at what cost? Even all the sacrifices and effort be made, he held his little girl's hand whilst the doctor turned the life support off with a sorrowful look.

ooo. MATEO VESPERA was never and would never be the same since the death of his daughter. Being a single father as the mother of Juniper ran off because of the fear and commitment it took to raise a child, Mateo had nothing left. Even when the heart monitor in the hospital by the girl's bed flatlined and her body was as still as stone and cold as ice, Mateo never gave up. He searched everywhere for the answers, even places he didn't anticipate he'd ever try. The search felt everlasting until Mateo was certain he found the answer he was looking for. Tommy Sully, a man who polluted himself in his studies of the planet Pandora for its wonderful life and the creatures that inhabit the land, promised he knew of a solution. Paying cash up front—no matter how much it was—it would never compare to the feeling of raw happiness and relief from hearing his daughters laugh on a flash drive that contained the mindset and DNA of Juniper. If Mateo knew back then the damage it would bring to make a deal with Tommy Sully ... he'd do it all over again just so his daughter can run with the feeling of grass beneath her toes and the wind dwindling in her hair. Though he didn't know what happened in between coming back as an avatar with strange senses, to being held captive and coming to trust the Omaticaya people as he was a dead man himself.

ooo. JAKE SULLY was always behind his brother's shadow for as long as he could remember.
That was until his death. Since then, he was chosen as an avatar operator on Pandora for the RDA which was ran by Colonel Quaritch. A man that didn't care about the life on Pandora but except for the land that they would colonise due to the planet they lived on, known as Earth, sickening condition. It's life and inhabitant to survive was slipping away due to the impact humans made. The sky people had to find a solution and fast which was Pandora with its exceptional connection to its plants and nature. But Jake Sully would have never guessed in a millions of years that when he agreed to this program, he'd find himself falling in love with the forest that became home and the people that were his brothers and sisters. A girl who taught him the Na'vi way when he was new to it all. But what shook him more was the teenage girl who's backstory was tragic to be seen as a daughter. And him as a father. Especially when it came down as the brutal work of Tommy Sully.

What could go wrong?

jenna ortega ... juniper vespera
⸻ dead girl walking ☠️💉

❝ i only remember small bits, but i remember your brother

❝ i only remember small bits, but i remember your brother. i remember the pain he caused me ... to the point where i wish i just stayed dead ❞

 to the point where i wish i just stayed dead ❞

sam worthington ... jake sully
⸻ the father figure ⚔️🔫

❝ that was before i saw myself as a father

❝ that was before i saw myself as a father. you're my kid, juniper. blood or not—human or na'vi ❞

 blood or not—human or na'vi ❞

&&
oscar isaac ... mateo vespera
zoe saldana ... neytiri
sigourney weaver ... grace augustine

      authors note

      authors note.
i'm so not fucking ready for what i have planned for this book. all i can say is: angst, angst and angst. because my obsession with avatar has me in an absolute CHOKEHOLD right now, it felt right to be creating this book. there is a need for more avatar fan fiction to be created and i'm already so proud of the plot i have planned.

but never mind that, i hope you guys enjoy this book as much as i did. creating it and spending the time to plan out and write. thank you guys so much. kisses to all 💋

warnings.
this book will included the following topics death, gore, blood, cancer, loss and grief. if you are triggered by any of these, this book might not be the best for you