Arc 2: Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"Umai!!!"

The window glasses shook. 

Tanjiro was startled. 

Zenitsu let out noises of a choking bird. 

Even Inosuke had to face the ceiling out of shock. 

Nevertheless, the man continued his endeavors.

"Umai! Umai!"

He opened a new beef nabe bento box.

"Umai!" 

He shouted "Umai" over and over even though he had not taken a bite out of it yet. 

Widened eyes. Slacked jaws. Not skipping over the horrible theatrics, they all thought the same:

'Ah. We found him.'

[Rengoku Kyojurou], the esteemed [Flame Hashira]. 

"Umai! Umai! Umai!!!"

…He was like this. 

Zenitsu turned to Tanjiro and asked, "Is that the Flame Hashira guy?" 

"Yeah."

"Umai!"

"...Not just some random glutton?"

"...Yeah." 

Even Tanjiro sounded unsure with her own answer. 

Nevertheless, they had to know whether it was really him, so Tanjiro and Zenitsu (who was clinging to her back) approached the blonde man and said, "Um, excuse me…"

"Umai!"

"R-Rengoku-san?"

*Tak.*

With the call of his name, the man finally turned. 

"Umai!!!"

Whether it was a greeting, or just that he found his meal delicious, Kyojurou's face was very bright when he said that. 

"Uh…we really get that part already."

Then… For some reason, Kyojurou's face stiffened for a moment after meeting eyes with Tanjiro. 

"Wha-"

*Cough!* 

*Cough!*

*Cough!*

*Cough!*

"??!"

Suddenly, Kyojuro was letting out loud coughs in front of them. Tanjiro, with the goodest heart they had known, approached the man and patted his back gently. She then asked, "Rengoku-san, are you alright?"

"No, he's just using an advanced breathing technique. He'll be fine." Zenitsu jokingly said from the back, fishing out a neat canteen from his Haori. 

Inosuke incredulously looked at him and said, "What, is there an enemy here?! Is he prepping up?!"

"No, maybe the battle is over already!" 

'...Eh?'

Patting Kyojurou's back faster, Tanjiro unintentionally made the man cough even harder as she continued,

"A demon might've poisoned Rengoku-san! Zenitsu, Inosuke, we have to help him!"

"N-No-" 

*Cough!*