four

if he knew that all it took for him to get the keys to lucas' beach house for a week in summer, he would've suggested playing pool with the guys far earlier.

winning the game against them wasn't only a boost for his ego but also granted him a nice alone vacation with his girlfriend.

being back at lucas' beach house brought back memories of the first time he was here — days of him and el sneaking behind their friends to steal a heated moment together, nights of them under the stars while waiting for the sunrise, drunken dances in a crowded room.

for some reason, this place feels like the actual beginning of them.

which is why it feels different to be here again — different but good.

this time around there are no denied feelings, no secret actions and no hidden lust.

he gets to walk with her with intertwined fingers and, fuck, does it feel good.

almost as soon as they arrived, they put their bags in a guest room that they'll share together and traded their clothes for things to wear at the beach. el slipped on her new lavender bikini and a matching beach skirt, meanwhile mike opted for some dark swimming trunks.

they packed all necessities into a bag and made their way to the beach. after getting there, they quickly found a spot near the shore and settled.

the blazing sun was hotly grazing their skin, el smeared sunscreen all over mike's back and snuck a quick kiss to his shoulders after she finished. "all done."

"thanks, doll." he tilted his head in her direction to shoot her a grin over, taking the sunscreen in his own hands as he fully turned towards her. "my turn?"

she raised her eyebrows. "only if you behave."

he faux gasped, squirting the sunscreen to his palms before he reached his hands forward to her shoulders. "what are you accusing me of?"

he slowly rubbed the sunscreen all over her shoulders, his hands slowly inching towards her chest. with her raised eyebrows she pointed down to his hands. "yeah? can't remember the last time?"

a couple weeks ago they went swimming together with their friends, mike suggested to put sunscreen on her — but there was too much teasing coming from his side for a simple task as that.

of course he found her squeezed thighs and shallow breathing rather amusing.

he rubbed over the exposed parts of her breasts, grinning after her words. "i'm a good boy."

his hands travelled down her stomach, her muscles flexed under the touch. she grasped his wrist and guided them towards her back instead. "i beg to differ."

he let a small laugh out before continuing with no more teasing, once he finished, he leaned back and pushed his sunglasses further up the bridge of his nose.

el quickly stood up, enthusiastically pointing towards the sea with her thumb. "let's go swimming."

"hmm." he hummed before looking at her over the sunglasses and clucking his tongue, "i think watching you is more fun than swimming."

she groaned. "mike."

he smiled. "el."

"you can watch and swim in the water — it's possible."

"right now, i just want to enjoy the view."

"come on." she groaned again before kneeling towards him with a pout curving her lips and puppy eyes shining his way. she cupped his cheek and placed a little kiss on the corner of his lips. "please, for me?"