Reina flicked her glance towards the blonde setter, who honestly looked like a washed up yankee that would not survive even one second in a street fight. Whatever drug Miya Atsumu's fangirls were on, it definitely messed up their perception enough to fawn over him. "With all due respect, I only answer to Ojiro-senpai because he is the one who approached me with this proposition."

She heard the sound of a camera shutter and turned her head to see Suna who was already prepared with his phone. Whatever, Suna was not the type to spread gossip to just anyone unless he wanted her to make him go broke by giving him a special price for their future transaction.

A low whistle came from Osamu who was about to clap his hand, but the stares he got from everyone stopped him.

"What is going on here?" a calm voice asked, causing everyone minus Mai to flinch and turn their heads to the source of the voice.

Silence set into the court and the dizziness caused by her anxiety that spiked up to almost sky high levels did not help her to maintain her balance.

A little help in here, please! Inwardly Reina silently begged. But still, nobody said a word. Everyone just looked into each others' eyes, as if they were all quietly agreeing that it was better for her to deal on her own. Shifting her gaze towards the new voice, Reina sized the new stranger up. He was not taller than either Ojiro-san or Suna or the twins, so height was definitely not the reason why their mouths were all zipped tightly.

He must've been the captain, but Reina's brain was too cogged by building panic and embarrassment to even remember his name. A voluntary outcast, she may be, but she was good with names.

Okay, it seemed that everyone in the room was more than ready to throw her under the bus, leaving her to grapple alone for at least something to keep her from drowning in embarrassment and mortification all rolled into one.

"So...nobody is going to say a word?"

Reina did not even have to be a regular for the club to realize that it was a really bad idea to displease this guy. The tension on the atmosphere just thickened to the point it almost choked her. It was crystal clear that she should save herself, since nobody was willing to step in.

"Gomen..." Reina began as she slowly raised her hand. "I...It's my fault. There is a...slight misunderstanding...."

Well, that was an understatement of the century if one was inclined for a hyperbole.

"And that is?" The (probably) captain continued, his gaze never once waver as he shifted his attention to her. Reina could feel the crushing weight of his gaze on her started to take effect.

"I am...not here to confirm the proposition to be the manager," Reina finally answered, applauding herself for not choking out the words or making a fool of herself. "At least not yet. I...still need some time to think about it. Being a manager is not a position to be taken lightly, there are a lot of weight and responsibilities tied into the job that needs to be thought about thoroughly. I'm actually here for Suna, but one thing led to another and...here we are."

The seconds that flew by felt dangerously slow, but finally the captain only nodded. "Okay then, you can drop by here anytime to confirm whether you're going to accept it or not."

With that he turned away as he beckoned to the other guys. "Come on, everyone, there's still lots of time left in practice."

Slowly, the crowd that surrounded her trickled down to nothing. Well, almost nothing. Suna and Mai were the ones left, but Reina could handle them easily.

"So..." Suna quipped up, his keen eyes glancing at both Mai and Reina. Reina could not shake off the feeling that she was being marked, even though he had no reason to. She's not an athlete that he would have to face on court. "I'm not going to witness a girl fight, won't I?"