"Will, hey!" Alex greeted. "You disappeared since we talked that day."

"Yeah... I'm sorry about that. Hey, is Lisa here? I wanna talk to the both of you." Will crossed his arms awkwardly over his chest.

"Lisa! Will's here!" She called out. "Come on!" She led Will inside the room.

"Hi Will! Nails?" Lisa asked.

"No, uh- I wanted to tell you guys something." Will started.

"What's up?"

"I'm um- I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going back to Indiana for the rest of the semester." He quickly said.

"WHAT? YOU CAN'T LEAVE!" Alex whined.

"No, Will! Why are you going home?" Lisa asked.

"Oh, there's just a lot of stuff going on right now. I think I need a mental break." He shrugged.

"Aw, well we understand. Right Alex?"

"Wiiiiillll." Alex whined again.

"Bye Will." Lisa got up and wrapped the boy in a tight hug. "We'll see you in January? We better."

"Yeah." He chuckled. "January."

"Bye Will. I'm gonna miss you." Alex turned the hug into a group hug. "What about Mike though? Is he going with you?"

"No, he's gonna finish the semester without me. I'm just gonna stay with my mom. She needs the company anyways." He awkwardly laughed.

The girls pulled back and Alex took a long look at Will's face.

Sure he wasn't into girls, but Alex could still find him attractive right? Right? That wasn't the point though.

"Are you ok? You seem a little off." Alex wondered aloud to Will.

"I'm fine. Just tired." Will answered, hoping it was good enough.

"Mm, I can tell when someone's holding something in." Lisa added. "What's going on? You're our friend, we can talk."

"I'm ok, seriously. Like I said, I just need a break."

"Oh."

"Hey, I'm gonna go finish packing. You guys have my number. I'll miss you." He gave a shy smile.

"You too Will, bye."

"You think he's on drugs?" Alex asked after Will left the room.

"Alex!" Lisa hit her arm.

"What? Leaving on such short notice under weird circumstances is kinda drug addict-like, no?"

Lisa sighed and went back to her homework.

...

"Yo, Mike. Get up." Lucas pushed Mike to wake him up.

It was the next morning, 6am, and Will was supposed to be leaving soon. It was the first time in the last few days that Mike had come back to the dorm at a reasonable hour.

"What Lucas?" Mike groaned.

"Will's leaving. You're not gonna take him to the airport?"

Instead of replying, Mike turned his back to Lucas.

"Dude, stop being a baby. He's your boyfriend. He's worried about you."

Still no reply.

"Fine. I'll take him. Cause unlike you, Will's a good friend." Lucas scoffed as he left the room.