𝟑| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

CHAPTER THREE:

THE FLOATING MOUNTAINS

IT WAS BRIGHT outside on Pandora, the chatters of the many soldiers and scientists all around the base being heard as they did their jobs

IT WAS BRIGHT outside on Pandora, the chatters of the many soldiers and scientists all around the base being heard as they did their jobs. Soldiers wore the masks over their faces while holding their guns in their hands, marching along outside in the base they had made many years ago when people had first came to the much larger planet, the men joking around with one another while they ventured together.

Beeps from the many computers in the science labs could be heard as the doctors and scientists wore their white lab coats, continuing to do their daily work. About a day had passed since Jake had been chased through the jungle and was able to get the Omaticaya clan to trust him, despite him being what they called a demon, or a sky person in their opinion.

In one of the many labs, Y/n moved the machine she always had with her by her side as she walked along side Norm with her mother on his other side, the older woman holding a tablet in her hand as she brought up pictures of the Omaticaya people. Jake wheeled himself towards his pod, the three trailing behind him.

The man was about to head back into his Avatar body, but Grace was giving him information about some of the Na'vi while also making sure he remembered their names that he no doubt learned the night before when he had first met them all. Y/n exchanged a glance with Norm as they had just finished listening to Jake list off the names, passing the many other doctors and scientists along the way while they entered the room.

"Okay, let's run through them again." Grace insists before showing a picture of the spiritual leader of the Omaticaya clan.

"Mo'at. Dragon lady." Jake recalls just when another picture of the clan leader pops up. "Eytucan."

"Eytukan." Y/n corrects.

"He's the clan leader. But she's the spiritual leader. Like a shaman." Grace adds, showing a picture of the next clan leader.

"T'su'tey." Jake mumbles, saying the name wrong as he hops up onto the pod.

"Tsu'tey." Y/n corrects again, to which he repeats it. "He'll be the next clan leader."

Jake grabs the tablet when a picture of a female popped up, his lips twitching upwards. "Neytiri."

"She'll be the next Tsahik. They become a mated pair." Grace tells him.

"So who's this Eywa?" Jake asks.

Norm's eyes widen in disbelief. "Who's Eywa? Only their deity. Their goddess, made up of all living things. Everything they know! You'd know this if you had any training whatsoever."

"Who's got a date with the chief's daughter?" Jake fires back, holding the tablet up where Neytiri's picture was still on.

Norm scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Oh, come on. That's not--"