c2

Dottore's heart sunk at the news that left Y/n's mouth.

"Childe and I are getting married!"

He stood still, his heart fracturing with every 'congratulations' and 'I'm happy for you!' that left his fellow harbingers mouths. Even Pierro was happy, which he never was.

Dottore could feel tears prick his eyes, and he was thankful for his mask. He looked at his and hers string, watching as more and more knots formed on the fucking thing. Archons- he could feel every tear leave his eye, dripping down his cheek and landing on his lap.

He made no sound. He can't. It was their moment, not his.

Eventually, the happy couple made it to him. Once again, just like the first time, she pulled out a notebook. She flipped to a random page, blank, and pulled out a pen. Dottore took it, and with much pain -each letter he wrote tore another hole in his soul, every word that was formed on the paper made another tear form in his eyes.

He finished. He didn't want her to worry. He handed the notebook back to her, a pained smile on his face. Y/n took no notice.

"Thank you, Dottore." She bowed, walking away with Childe, her fiance, reading his note as he pulled her close. Dottore watched her walk away.

He left quickly, feeling his sorrow grow stronger as he pictured what could have been. He couldn't make it to his room before he collapsed. His legs no longer had the strength to hold him up, no longer had the strength to keep walking.

Dottore let out a sob. He was grateful the hallway was empty, he was glad he his past selfs requested a secluded and silent section of the palace. He knew he could cry freely here, the servants and residents of the palace were now too busy with the festivities.

He was fine here. He could cry freely here.

His tears flowed down his face, creating a mess he no longer cared about. His sobs of both pain and sorrow filled the section of the palace. Dottore tried to wipe his tears away, but they just didn't stop. They couldn't stop. They couldn't fucking stop.

He sat against the wall, looking at the floor. He closed his eyes, the tears still flowing down his face regardless.

Was this a punishment? A punishment for everything he's done? The very thing he was working to destroy was destroying his life. The Heavenly Principles. This was a punishment.

They gave him the sight on the red string, they made Y/n and him soulmates, and they made Y/n fall in love with Childe.

Dottore slammed his fist against the wall, feeling nothing but a dull throb as the wall cracked beneath his fist. He knew it would take more than a simple punch to cause his his hand pain, but he didn't have the energy nor the desire to do more.

Dottore wanted to die.

He wanted to fucking die.

It's funny, but for once in his immortal life, he wanted to end his.

One last tear trailed down his cheek, landing on the floor below.

Death would be a bliss, a bliss he knew he didn't deserve.