All Worlds Are Deathworlds.... Right?

Instructor Sabalt was in charge of the largest group of multi-world children in the entire school. From all across the Galaxy, students attended his classes and learned not of just knowledge, but they learned of each other and different cultures. It was not until the addition of Julie, the first human child to attend the school did Instructor Sabalt run into issues with his students befriending and accepting a newcomer.

Julie, it seemed, was an enigma to the other students. The planet she hailed from, Earth, was surrounded in mystery and legend, being called a "Deathworld" or "Uninhabitable". Instructor Sabalt felt that this stigma was why Julie ended up eating her lunch, alone, in some dark secluded corner of the common area every day. He had seen on many occasions the young earthling try to reach out and befriend the other students, but they were all too wary of the earth child to ever reciprocate the effort.

It was then that he decided to show the entire class how alike all of his students were, no matter what world they hailed from. Every world could be called a "Deathworld" , and what planetary body did not have areas on it that were uninhabitable? When it was all put into perspective, Instructor Sabalt was confident that the mystery and threat of the unknown that surrounded Julie would disappear, and friendships would soon blossom.

So as he sat, looking over his class, he gave them the assignment.

"In three weeks from today, I will require a video presentation from each of you depicting your homeworld, paying special attention to its dangers, both animal and geological" he said. "Students that share a homeworld may work together on this presentation, but be aware that this will be 40% of your final grade, so please put forth an effort worthy of the weight the grade will carry"

And so Julie, who was the only earthling in the entire school, much less the class, toiled on her assignment, stressing the dangers and perils of her homeworld, as did all the other students. On presentation day, she was to be the third student to give her report. She sat nervously waiting, but she also was very interested in the reports before her. What dangers lurked on these other worlds? She was soon to find out!

The first presentation was of a world called "Beriff", and the three students that were from the planet went in great detail about how deadly and dangerous the fauna was... they provided a video of a smallish, furry creature that walked on four legs and had a bushy tail.

"Watch what happens here!" one of the presenters said excitedly, as the video depicted the small animal being presented with a piece of cloth, dangling it in front of the creature. In response, the creature made a hissing sound and slashed at the cloth with a paw... and the students all saw some claws appear seemingly out of nowhere as the beast attacked!

"See that?" the presenter yelled, pointing at the video screen. "Those razor sharp talons were not there but a second ago! If that had been your arm, this beast would have cut the skin to the bone!"

A smattering of applause and murmuring broke out in the classroom. The presenters, all smiles and standing straight with pride returned to their seats. Only Julie seemed to not enjoy the presentation, in fact, she sat there with a look of confusion on her face.

Noticing her furrowed brow, Instructor Sabalt asked her "Did you have a question Julie?"

Still with a look of confusion, Julie replied "But Instructor... wasn't that just a housecat?"

A small smattering of laughter broke out from the students. Instructor Sabalt held up his hand for silence, but there was also a ghost of a smile on his face.

"No Julie, that animal is a vicious beast.. it would in no way be appropriate to have it in a household, not if you valued your life at least"

Still looking confused, Julie just nodded and waited for the next presentation.