Chapter 4: Pop The Question

Start from the beginning

"Tatia? It's lily." Tatia jumps when Lily puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I want Uncle Joe!" She cries out rolling over.

"Okay, I'll call him," Lily says keeping her voice soft as she pulls out her phone.

"No, I want to see him!"She says between sobs.

"Okay, I'll face time him," Lily suggests.

"No in person!" Tati cries out.

"You can't right now. He'll be here first thing in the morning though."

"I need to see him now though." Her sobs get harder.

"Okay, I'll call and see if we can go up to the firehouse?" Tatia nods still sobbing as she sits up and brings her knees to her chest. "Hey uh Joe I'm sorry to wake you up but Tatiana had a nightmare and I can't console her she just wants to see you. Can I bring her by the firehouse?"

"uhm I- Yeah go ahead I'll be waiting for you guys," Cruz says.

"Thank you joe." the phone disconnects. "Hey let's get our shoes on and I'll grab your stuff."

"Mhm." Tatiana wipes her tears and stands up soft sobs escaping every few seconds as she slips her shoes on. She follows Lily to her car and climbs in the back seat. Her sobs were lighter now than before but tears still streamed down her face.

"Do you wanna talk about the nightmare?" Lily asks looking at her in the mirror view window.

"No."

"Okay."

The car pulls up to the firehouse a few minutes later. Lily parks on the street and follows as Tatiana runs into the firehouse frantically. She collides with her uncle.

"Woah Mija." Cruz gasps as he hugs the girl. "I got you." Lily stands back unsure of what to do.

"You were dead." Tatia whimpers out the words barely audible.

"Hey Tati look at me." The little girl looks up at him wide-eyed. "I'm not going anywhere, Chiquita. You're not getting rid of me anytime soon."

"bu-but. Your skin was peeling off your face." She begins sobbing into his shirt. "And Mouch's skin was peeling off on his arms and his face."

"Hey." He kneels to be eye leave with her. "Feel my face." She reaches up cautiously touching his face. "See I'm okay. And Mouch is sleeping in the bunk room we'll go see him in a second but why don't you stay the rest of the night here?"

"Please."

"Okay. Lily, I got her, thank you." Cruz looks up at Lily.

"Yeah of course. I will see you guys later." lily smiles before leaving the firehouse.

"Let's get you some water or something," Cruz suggests standing up.

"Mhm. Then go see Mouch?"

"Then we'll go see Mouch." He puts an arm around her shoulders and pulls her into his side. They make it into the common room and she sits on the couch. While Cruz gets her a water bottle. "Is there anything else in the nightmare you want to talk about?"