3. SONDER

𝐃𝐘𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

     IT WAS SAFE TO SAY, A'kaia didn't consider herself to be a good teacher. It'd become transparent when she attempted teaching immature children and babies in the past, but those lessons were mere proposals by Tsireya to help them. Now, here she was, partaking in the effort to help outside Na'vi kids from the forest. Nearly providing them baby steps to pursue. Nonetheless, A'kaia understood they were capable of learning and she remained patient with them.

     While Tuk was lifted by her older brother's arms, the young teens stood quietly close to the reef; the glass substance appearing at the midst of their hips──paying close attention to Ao'nung calling to Ilu in a pattern of noises.

     "If you want to live here, you have to ride," Ao'nung expressed to the Sully family, they all looked captivated by the sheer thought of what it would be like riding the Ilu.

     The family shared one equivalent thought that lingered in their heads. These Ilu were treasured by the Metkayina clan, much like how the native Ikran was to their Omatikaya clan. However, the Ikran were used for hunting above surface levels and in battles to attack opponents from the air. Ilu in particular are enchanting sea creatures of the reef, found in the water──while the fascinating Ikran are discovered from the peak mountains of Pandora.

     The lessons had begun and unfortunately for Lo'ak, Ao'nung had to teach him (much to his distaste, but he had no choice), and Tsireya assisted Tuk while A'kaia was left to help Neteyam.

     Neteyam recognized her as the girl who hadn't spoken once──and perhaps, his little brother's potential crush. Neteyam understood that Lo'ak felt attraction toward the girl standing in front of him, it was especially obvious by the way he stared at her so much.

     This additionally encouraged him to tease A'kaia a bit about his brother. After he steadily sat on the Ilu, he turned to face her and the young girl turned in his direction, noticing that he was about to speak.

     "See my brother over there?" He pointed toward the direction of where Lo'ak stood, "I think he wants to talk to you." Neteyam spoke with an accent articulating his voice, a smirk plastered to his lips after seeing a look of confusion painting her face. She shifted her head attentively to catch a glimpse of Lo'ak once more──before turning back at the boy in front of her with a sigh, burying the yearning curiosity of why he would.

     Neteyam paid attention to the said boy instead and surveyed the scene from a only few meters away. A'kaia eventually turned behind her once more, being influenced by Neteyam's gaze to observe Lo'ak as well.

     Lo'ak carefully settled onto the Ilu and lifted his calloused fingers behind his back to grab onto his braid. The flourish ends of his hair revealed coral-pink threads that blossomed, gently intertwining the strands to create a bond with the Ilu beneath him.

     After the bond became attached, the Ilu's eyes snapped open──squirming beneath his hold. The clamoring shouts of the Ilu reached Lo'ak's ears as he deeply inhaled and released an exhale, trying his hardest to center his attention.

     "You need to feel his breath, feel his strength," Ao'nung told him sternly. "And hold here," he touched the polished handle wrapped on the Ilu and Lo'ak followed. Ao'nung honestly already knew the boy in front of him was going to fail.