Ronal approached the family, regarding them with scrutiny. She trailed around them and touched one of their thin tails, analyzing their appearance──criticizing they would be nothing but useless.

     A'kaia couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for this family. She saw from other's body languages and eyes that this family was merely being criticized for what they looked like; not even if they were a threat or an enemy.

     "These children aren't even true Na'vi," Ronal raised one of the children's arms, observing their hands."They have demon blood." The sounds of gasps filled the audience, and the youngest child hid behind her mother's leg, seeking comfort while giving her reassuring words. The woman hissed with a glare from this, which Ronal returned. Before Neytiri could say something even further, her husband stopped her.

     "You are a great leader, but we cannot let you bring your war here," Tonowari finished with conviction in his tone.

     "I don't want war," Jake responded sternly. Tuk was lifted into his arms, "I just want to keep my family safe," his voice laced with distress, and his eyes portrayed an expression of desperation; shushing while placing a comforting hand on his daughter's back in an attempt to ease her worries.

     Tonowari turned to his wife with an expression of sympathy and consideration for them while she returned him reluctant eyes. They held looked at each other for a moment, and she hesitantly nodded at him with an uncertain gaze. "Toruk Makto and his family shall stay with us," Tonowari started as many heads raised to hear their leader clearly, "treat them as our brothers and sisters."

     "Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless."

     Jake released a breath he didn't realize he was holding. He felt a sense of relief wash over him. "What do we say?" He turned to his children as they softly spoke their thank yous. One girl in particular had an expression of attitude cross her face.

     "My children here," Tonowari turned to face A'kaia's siblings, "will be showing your children our ways."

     Tsireya greeted them with a smile while Ao'nung immediately parted his lips and his composure faltered in surprise. Before he could protest to their father, he turned to greet A'kaia to the newcomers.

     "And this is my stepdaughter, A'kaia." The said girl gave them a polite smile once everyone turned their attention to her. Lo'ak took this opportunity to sneak a glance at her once more, saying her name inside his head so he would remember.

     "She could teach you. Although she is young, she's an excellent warrior, and has been on the battlefield before." Tonowari finished proudly, glancing at his stepdaughter he grew to care for.

     At this, the family looked at the girl in curiosity and slight amazement at how she's already fought on the battlefield at this age──you wouldn't even have guessed she was a fighter from the demeanor she carried.

     . . .Pretty and strong. Lo'ak thought to himself, unable to look away from her. Neteyam turned his head momentarily to see his brother, only to catch him staring at the Chief's stepdaughter once again. He took this chance to elbow Lo'ak while raising his temple in a teasing manner. It seemed the younger forest boy snapped out of his trance, and aggressively shoved his shoulder into his older brother, giving him a glance of annoyance.

     Jake noticed this and cleared his throat whilst raising his eyebrows──indirectly telling his sons to be on their best behavior. This caught the boy's attention immediately, and Neteyam released a sigh at his father's warning eyes while Lo'ak restrained himself in an attempt to roll his own.