Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next weeks passed rather quickly. James his moodiness left after a few days and soon enough he was chasing Lily again. He had given her a break which had taken too long, he said.

The last summer days started to become autumn and soon enough it was November. Also, I started to become used to Hogwarts.

I became familiar with the school, the people and homework, even though I still thought it was ridiculous that we had to do that.

Another development was that Macy seemed to like Sirius. Perhaps it were the absent glares she used to sent to him, or the fact that, whilst staring, she would throw all of her breakfast over her without noticing, I wasn’t sure. I just knew that she was into him.

Also, once a month, the boys were absent. They wouldn’t show up all night, and the next day they would be horribly tired. The first time it was for a prank, I knew that, but it seemed as if it started to get out of control.

Sometimes they even would spend days in the Hospital Wing.

The last thing I should tell you was that I was accepted as keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Together with James as a chaser and Sirius as a beater we had the best team ever! Well, we thought so. Our captain, Morris King, who was one of the chasers, thought differently.

‘Benett! Stay with your goalposts!’ he yelled across the field. ‘Kaykay Morry!’ I yelled back. I knew he hated it when people called him Morry. And I loved to tease him. So, Morry it is.

The quaffle was in play and James,  Morry and some girl with a name I couldn’t remember started passing it around, trying to confuse me. Well, that wasn’t going to happen!

Like a boss I made my way to the left post where the quaffle was being thrown at, caught it and threw it back. I then had to get all the way to the right post, which almost made me fall of my broomstick, before I almost got killed by a bludger.

‘SIRIUS ORION BLACK’ I yelled as I steadied myself. He looked at me with those innocent eyes, trying to say “that wasn’t me!” but I didn’t buy it. At all.

Right before I wanted to hit him so hard that he wished he never would’ve been born, James actually managed to throw the quaffle straight into my face.

Instead of grabbing it or making sure the other chasers wouldn’t catch it, I immediately brought my hands up to my nose. As I removed my fingers again, they were red.

‘JAMES POTTER’ I now yelled. Instead of guarding my holy goalposts and blahblahblah I started chasing the boy with the glasses on the broom that I had gotten from him. That made it feel even cooler.

Somehow we went down and soon enough we almost crashed. Both James and I jumped off our brooms and I quickly jumped on his back, before I started to hit the back of his head.

‘DON’T YOU DARE ALMOST BREAK MY NOSE’ I yelled as I hit him as hard as I could whilst he tried to get me off. He wasn’t successful, of course.

A few seconds later Sirius pulled me of James. I struggled, but since a 15 year old boy is much stronger than a 15 year old awesome, amazing and cool girl, I eventually stopped.

‘Put me down’ I then said with a pout. ‘As you wish’ Sirius said before he dropped me. I screamed as I fell. It was just a meter or so, but still. I could’ve broken my neck and I could’ve died. Then Sirius would be a murderer and he would be sent to Azkaban.

I giggled in myself.

‘What?’ he asked as he reached out a hand to help me up. ‘Oh, nothing. Just an inside joke’ I told him as I grabbed it and let him help me.

Once I stood I looked at him. He looked back. We didn’t say a word. I could see Sirius’ head coming closer to mine…

‘BLACK, POTTER AND BENETT. LEAVE THE FIELD RIGHT NOW!’ Morry screamed at us. My head snapped to him and without knowing it I took a step backwards, away from Sirius. Morry was practically exploding with anger. It was really funny to see. His face looked like a raspberry. And yes, with all the bumps a raspberry has. Indeed. Gross.

‘OKAY! SEE YOU NEXT TIME MORRY!’ I yelled back. ‘I AM NOT CALLED MORRY!’ he screamed. ‘KAYKAY MORRY!’ I yelled back. I was never going to call him Morris. Why would I? Indeed, no reason. So, Morry forever.

With my broomstick on my shoulder I started to walk to the castle, quickly followed by James and Sirius.

James of course immediately started to talk, telling a really long story, but Sirius didn’t say anything and seemed distant.

I tried to ignore that feeling of guilt against Macy. She liked Sirius, he had to like her. But was there anything I could do against the fact that I just was super cute? Indeed, no! As you can see, it’s just as much a blessing as it is a curse.

^-^                                                                                       ^_^                                                                                      ^-^

‘How was Quidditch?’ Macy asked.

Without looking at her I mumbled something about a bloody nose and the game this weekend before I grabbed some food and started eating.

I received some weird glares, but by now I was used to them. No, seriously, if you look at the amount of weird glares I get daily… Someone should make a reality show about my life!

As I was thinking all of this, the Marauders sat down too. Sirius sat down next to me and I felt the heat of his arm pressing to mine.

I started to get nervous and sweaty and stuff, so without finishing my dinner I stood up. ‘Where are you going?’ Lily asked.

‘I’m not feeling good, I think I’m going to Madame Pomfrey’ I said. They protested, because apparently a nurse also has to have dinner, but I ignored them as I started to walk. Of course I wasn’t going to Madame Pomfrey. That was absurd.

On my way to the common room I was thinking about Sirius and him hitting on me and stuff. Had I noticed things before?

As I thought about it, he had done some things that had looked very weird and stuff, but perhaps that was to show off or something. Perhaps he really was in love with me…

I shook my head. Sirius kissed with everyone. He sees me as a friend. I see him as a friend. Friend. Friend. Friend. Alien.

As I was thinking all of that, I walked around the corner and saw someone in the darkness of the corridor. The sounds coming from his mouth sounded like sobs.

‘Hello?’ I asked.

The figure immediately stopped with whatever sound it was making and started to move. I just saw a flash of greasy black hair and some green and silver stripes before I was blinded by a clear light that certainly was a spell. Everything turned black.

A/N:

Hey guys! Yet another upload! Yay! :D

What do you think about Sirius? And I'm wondering who that guy is who's hexing Sady... xD

I hope you liked it!

BTW, this is dedicated to Nikki BECAUSE IT WAS HER 17TH BIRTHDAY! AND SHE DIDN'T TELL ME! So. Here. Happy late 17th birthday xD

Please Vote, Comment, Fan and Enjoy!