Chapter 12

Hey lovelies :) So I am so sorry this chapter is so short but it set it up for a really LONG and EVENTFUL chapter 13. 

This chapter is dedicated to @GemmaStar. Go fan her she's awesome. 

But anyways let me know what you think about this chapter. Predictions for chapter 13? 

COMMENT + VOTE! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn’t until 12:30 that I got home. My client had been a relatively early appointment, so I wasn’t home in the wee hours of the morning.

I pushed open the door to my flat with a sigh. Again, I really just wanted a shower and to feel clean. But when I stepped into the living room I was puzzled at the sight.

Celeste sat on the couch with two large suitcases on either side of her. She held something that I couldn’t make out in her hands. I cautiously took another step toward her.

“Celeste?” I asked. Her head shot up at my voice, a sad expression on her face.

“We couldn’t do it,” She whispered as she bit her lip.

“What are you talking about?” I replied. I was confused. What was she talking about? We couldn’t what?

“We couldn’t pay the rent.” Celeste said handing me the thing she was holding in her hands. It was a folded piece of paper. I opened it and scanned the words.

It has come to our attention that the residents in your living area, have not been able to pay off the amount of rent due, by the date stated on the pervious statement. It is our duty as property managers to inform you that due to this inability you are being forced to vacate the premises. If the residents have not cleared their things by the following day to this letter’s delivery, we will be forced to remove you belongings for you.

I looked up from the print on the page with my mouth hanging open. Celeste had tears in her eyes and I felt the familiar prickle behind my lids.

“I have a couple friends a couple blocks away. I’m going to stay with them until I can figure something out.” Celeste said. “You are welcome to come if you want. If you don’t have anywhere else…”

“No, no. I have a couple friends over in the west end that I can stay with.” I lied. I knew Celeste wouldn’t want me to come stay at her friend’s house and as horrible as it sounds my pride wouldn’t let me admit that I had nowhere else to go.

“Okay, if you’re sure.” She said, standing up and pulling her suitcases to the door. I followed behind her, folding my arms over my chest. “I’m so sorry.” She said stepping forward and hugging me in her arms.

“Me too.” I whispered back, wrapping my arms tight around her slim frame.

“You take care yeah? And please call me.” She said whilst pulling away.

“I promise.” I replied. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’ll see you again, don’t you doubt that. I am still your friend and I’m still here for you.”

I smiled at that. “I know. Me too.”

“I’ll see you later then, Katherine.” Celeste told me while she opened the door and pulled her bags through.

“Bye Celeste.” I said as she pulled the door closed behind her. I turned and walked into the kitchen leaning on my hands on the counter.

“Fuck,” I said to myself. “FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!” I had no fucking clue what I was going to do. I had no friends in the west end and not enough money to buy a flat on my own.

I didn’t even have internet to search up if there was anyone that needed a flat mate.

But I had to be out of here in only a matter of hours so I went to my room and threw my minimal belongings into a small duffel bag.

I grabbed my clothes and some stuff from the kitchen. Whatever I could fit in the duffel bag really. Then I grabbed my wallet and keys off the counter and walked out the front door.

-*-*-*-

I walked down the darkening streets of downtown London with my duffel bag over my shoulder and my coat wrapped tightly around me. I had been walking aimlessly for about two and a half hours and I was exhausted.

I turned down a small alley that seemed to have no one in it. I slumped against the wall and slid down to the cold ground. I could already feel my eyelids drooping shut so I rest my head on my bag and let sleep pull me under.

-*-*-*-

I woke to someone roughly shaking my shoulder.

“Hey doll, wake up.” A scraggly voice said and my eyes flew open. I looked around for the voice wondering if I was having another nightmare.

But when my eyes focused, I realized I wasn’t. However, a man who looked to be about forty-something with a gray beard and hair was leaning over me.

“What?” I asked groggily.

“Oh good,” The man said stroking a hand down my cheek. “I was afraid you were but a corpse. Would have been such a shame to see such a pretty lady go to waste.”

I retched away from his touch. “Get away from me.” I said to him, fully awake now.

“Oh come on,” He said moving on top of me so that he was straddling me.

“Get off me!” I yelled and pushed his chest back. It did little to nothing to move him off me.

“Now, don’t be like that.” He drawled as his hand moved to undo the button on my coat.

Fuck, I was scared!

I brought my hand up and balled it into a fist. I struck forward and rammed it into his nose. Now, that was effective in getting him off me. He toppled off over and onto his side. I don’t think my punch was hard enough to make his nose bleed but it was clearly enough to hurt.

I quickly scrambled up and grabbed my bag. I ran out of the alley as fast as I could and didn’t even spare the man a glace. I only slowed down once I reached the brighter lit streets. Well, so much for sleep, I thought as I continued to walk down the road.

-*-*-*-

It had been two days since Celeste and I had been evicted. Ever since the run-in with the man in the alley, I had opted to sleep during the day times and just wander around at night. Seemed safer that way. I was walking down through the area that held the clubs and bars.

I was passing by a group of clearly drunk men.

“Hey sexy!” One of the men called out. I looked up and one of the others whistled. I felt my jaw clench and the grip I had on the strap to my bag tightened.

“You all alone? ‘Cause we could keep you company.” The same one that had whistled called. The whole group was looking at me with wanting eyes and under the weight of their gazes I shivered.

I walked a little faster as I passed them and I think I heard one of them call out again but I didn’t pay it any mind.

This was getting a bit ridiculous. I couldn’t even be out at night without be approached by some low life scum bags.

So, I turned on my heel and started walking across the street in the opposite direction. I could only think of one place to go, of one person who might actually care to take me in.

I started walking in the direction of the rich area in downtown London.