Chapter 7

Hi guys! So this may be a little shorter than usual because it was originally uber long but I didnt want to upload it so i broke it up into different parts. Sorry ;)

But because of that chapter 8 should be uploaded soon after this, so watch for that.

And this is sort of a filler so please dont hate me for it. lol.

dont forget to COMMENT + VOTE!! Love all my readers! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun streamed throughout the room. Celeste must have been making breakfast which was unusual, because the smell of pancakes wafted into my bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes. I was met with the sight of rumpled white sheets instead of beige and painted walls instead of old brick ones. I sat up quickly getting a better view of the strange room.

The events of last night came crashing back to me and I realized with a start, for one, that I was lying in Harry fucking Styles’ bed. Then two, that it wasn’t Celeste making breakfast it was Harry. So I slowly got out of bed and changed into my clothes in the bathroom. Harry had lent me on of his shirts to wear and once I was back in my previous night’s dress, I padded into the kitchen.

Harry was standing with his back to me whistling a tune I hadn’t heard before while he flipped pancakes in a frying pan.

“Morning,” I said, my voice a bit hoarse with sleep.

Harry spun around and a smile found its way onto his lips. Maybe he was glad I hadn’t left? I smiled a small smile back at him.

“Good morning,” Harry replied. He took in my appearance. “Can I offer you breakfast?” He wondered. My small smile grew into a full sized grin as I nodded. Celeste and I didn’t have much money so cereal was usually our morning meal. Harry grabbed a plate and placed two pancakes on it and set in in front of me on the bar. He handed me a cup of tea which I thanked him for.

“I never had you pegged for a guy who knew how to cook,” I told him. He chuckled at that.

“Well I am a man of many surprises,” He winked at me. I felt my cheeks heat up to a nice pink and I ducked my head, looking down at my food.

Harry laughed. “So what do you do in your free time?”

I looked up in surprise. To be honest I didn’t really do a whole hell of a lot. But I did like to read. “Not much down time lately,” I said to my plate. “But I’m fond of reading.”

“Oh, yeah? Romance novels? Twilight?” Harry guessed.

I laughed. Those were pieces of crap. “No, try more Jane Eyre and Charles Dickens.” I responded. His eyebrows shot into his hairline. “I’m a girl of many surprises.” I mocked him.

He smiled at my cheekiness.

“What else do you do?” He wondered.

“Normal stuff I guess, hang out with friends listen to music, that kind of thing.” I shrugged. I was astonished at how easy it was to talk with Harry. It seemed to just come naturally. “What about you? When you’re not busy touring the world?”

It was his turn to shrug. “Not much, visit my mum, hang out with childhood mates. Nothing too exciting.”

“Lucky,” I mumbled.

The next few minutes were spent lightly bantering with one another as Harry continued cooking. Once, I had finished eating I got up to put my plate over by the sink but Harry stopped me. I was standing only a foot away from him when he turned to me.

“I can take that,” He said taking the empty plate from my hands. I let go of it so he could take it. He discarded it by the sink before turning back to me. His eyes caught mine as green met brown. I smiled at him.

“Thanks,” I told him. I went to turn away but a hand caught my arm. I was pulled backwards, not roughly but it did catch me by surprise. I almost smacked right into Harry’s chest. Shocked, I looked up and him. His green eyes were scanning every inch of my face. Then, as if I wasn’t shocked enough harry leaned down and connected his lips with mine.

I gasped against his mouth but his hand just trailed up my arm to cup my cheek. His lips were warm against mine as they moved. I didn’t kiss him back. My whole body ached to press my lips back to his plump pink ones but I couldn’t. I couldn’t. Harry desperately moved his lips against mine asking for a reaction.

I brought my hands up and placed them one his chest. It took every muscle I had to shove him away from me. He took a step back and I immediately missed the warmth he provided. The look on his face was a mixture of surprise and sadness. I shook my head at him slowly. “Please,” I whispered. “I can’t.”

“Kath—“ Harry started but again I cut him off.

“I have to go,” I said hastily. “Thank you for letting me stay here.” I walked into the living room, Harry following behind me.

“Katherine ple—“

“Please,” I said as I grabbed my coat and shoes, clumsily slipping them both on. “Don’t.”

Before Harry could say another word, I yanked the door open and slammed it shut behind me. Only when I was safe outside in the cool autumn morning, did I let the tears slip from the corners of my eyes.

---***---

The next few days passed by way too quickly for my liking, probably because I was dreading Tuesday night more than death. I didn’t know how I was supposed to face Zayn after the corner store incident or how I was supposed to face Harry after he fucking kissed me.

I groaned as I realized that today was in fact Tuesday. And in only a matter of hours I would be facing all five of the boys.

I turned on the television as a distraction and snuggled up on the couch even more and wrapped the tattered old gray blanket that hung on the back of the couch around me. I inhaled its scent and for some reason it reminded me of Harry and how his sheets had smelt like a mixture of old cologne and shampoo.

Stop! I mentally commanded myself. I could not think about him. So I focused on the flickering light of the TV. However, nothing was interesting so I slowly felt my eyes start to close.

I guess, I had fallen asleep longer than I had anticipated because by the time that I woke up, it was time for me to get dressed and head on over to the boys’ flat.

I picked black nylons with a black flower pattern and a two piece outfit. A red sequined mini skirt and matching cut-off top. I out it on and grabbed my coat and keys. Time to face the music. And that you could say was literally.