I got to see plants and animals every day. I was free from those awful artificial habitats and structures, built to keep you alive, not to let you live.

 The wind blew the coarse grass over my hand, and the golden rays of the sun started to turn pink. It must've been late. 

 Maybe I could stay for a day. I should find an astronomy lab of some sort before trying to leave anyway, their data would be extremely useful.

 I got up, pondering where I could possibly go when I thought of the man I had met earlier, America. Turning my head, I watched as his figure slowly faded down the coastal road toward the bay. He looked to be almost there by now. 

The sun turned the cliffs pink and yellow, and I could barely see the grass swaying far down the hill. 

 Curiosity filled me and I figured I would follow him for a while. How exactly I would follow him was the issue. He was already at least half an hour's walk ahead of me, and it was getting late. 

 Pondering my choices, I looked around at the vehicles filling the pavement in front of me. These machines in the lot didn't appear to be dangerous, so maybe I could catch a ride.

 A couple walked out of the cafe, the woman had pinned blonde hair and a rosy pink dress. Her hat was neatly tucked into the curls of her hair, and her arms were linked with a well-dressed man in a tan suit. He opened the door of a black automobile for her and then walked around to the other side.

 I rushed to his side, winded when I got close. 

 "Hey, woah there sir, can I help you?" The gentleman turned to face me, placing a hand firmly on my shoulders. I saw the woman in the vehicle peer out the window at us. 

 "Forgive me sir, are you by chance going to the bay?" I looked up at him, my eyes pleading for a chance to tag along.

 "Why, yes we are. We're headed down to Palm Springs, it's right next to the Docks. I assume you're looking for a ride?" He took his hand away from my shoulder and beamed. 

 "Yes, sir I am. If it's not too much trouble of course. My name is Germany, sir." I put my hand out for him to shake, not knowing whether or not that was customary in this time period. In some, it's considered extremely rude, but he shook my hand firmly.

 "Of course, it isn't! My name is Ralph Novak, My wife's in the car, her name is Evelyn. Here hop on in!" Ralph opened the door for me and I slid into the leather seats. The inside smelled awful. Leather and oil, gasoline, and perfume filled my senses. An overwhelming headache took over and dulled my sight. I had to close my eyes and hold my breath to get a bearing on my surroundings. 

 Their voices were loud, and the churn of the engine startled me. It was so loud, everything was so loud. My eyes went wide with fear when the vehicle lurched backward, momentum pulling us down the hill. Motion like this was nothing I'd ever experienced. How could people possibly ride in these monstrous machines? 

 Talking and laughing pulled me from my disoriented state. 

 "So, dear, where are you from? We love meeting new people, and I must say your clothes are most unusual... Are you ok?" Questions were overlooked when concern filled the voice of the women in the passenger seat. I had to concentrate to answer her inquiries. 

 "Yes ma'am my vitals are currently normal." I clutched my forehead to try and ease my headache. Looking out the window at the cliffs and trees made me sick. We weren't moving at an intense velocity, yet I felt absolutely horrendous. 

 I squeezed my eyes shut and covered them with my hands. Maybe if I didn't look I wouldn't spoil my previous meal.

 "I'm from a time period you wouldn't recognize. Any attempt to relate or interact with me beyond pleasantries would be frustrating for us both." I shook my head and slowly opened my eyes, locking gazes with the blonde. Her body was almost completely turned around to look at me.