The Shadows Follow Me Part Three:

Coming out is not always easy Bruno warned him about that but as far as most of his family goes Camilo had pretty good experiences something he knew wouldn't be the case for much longer as he planned to come out to Abuela.

Bruno and Isabela were very kind almost unfazed.

His parents just seemed happy that they wouldn't have to deal with teen pregnancies.

Deciding to come out to someone that he knew would accept him before facing Abuela,

So he wanted to tell Mirabel and Antonio hoping to soften the blow of Abuela's reaction.

Antonio was usually very difficult to find, despite the fact he barely left casita, he'd often be playing hide and seek, either with a family member or with some sort of animal he'd allowed into the house.

Camilo was in no way surprised to see an Anteater scurry across the floor in search of Antonino before finding his brother hidden behind the sofa.

"Hey Antonio, can you pause your game for a second?"Camilo requested.

"Mhm," Antonio nodded his head, sitting on the sofa next to his big brother.

"Hey, Antonio you know how Dolores is dating Mariano?" Camilo asked, not sure what he was trying to say, hadn't necessarily planned out what to say.

"Yes, he's cool, now that he's not trying to Marry Isabela even though he didn't love her. "Antonio smiled, clearly happy that his big sister was happy.

"Yeah, well umm... Do you know what Gay is Antonio?" Camilo wondered trying to figure out how to explain, he decided coming out as asexual was of no use, Antonio didn't need to know.

"Yep, it's when two boys love each other, Mamì said so she also told me that it's the same as when a boy and a girl love each other, and when two girls love each other its called Elebsian" Antonio smiled proud of himself for remembering what he'd learned.

Camilo decided that he wouldn't correct Antonio and tell him it was A lesbian.

"Yeah, well umm... there is a chance that I may one day have a boyfriend...but there's is a chance that I'll get a girlfriend" Camilo admitted unsure if his brother was understanding what he was saying.

"Oki, if you marry a boy then I get another brother and if you marry a girl I get another sister... either way I get a new friend to play with, they'd play hide and seek right?" Antonio asked.

"Yeah bud I'll make sure of it" Camilo chuckled, happy that that was Antonio's takeaway from the conversation, although he wasn't surprised he didn't seem to care, hide and seek was often his main priority.

Mirabel would have been easier to track down but Camilo didn't have to, she came to him.

Camilo was sitting on his bed fiddling with the stuffed Chameleon that his cousin had made him,

The fact that he only had one person left to come out to before Abuela was starting to get to him.

A light knocking was heard on his door.

"Come in" Camilo yelped hiding the stuffed animal under his pillow.

Mirabel walked into the room, her usual level of timidness on full display.

"Oh hi, I was just about to go looking for you" Camilo smiled.

"Oh really?"Mirabel asked, a bit surprised, the cousins weren't been very close since Camilo got his gift so they didn't talk much.

"Umm...yeah, I have to tell you something" Camilo shifted, allowing Mirabel to sit next to him.

"Okay well, I'm sorta unlabeled, like not straight or gay and also Asexual" Camilo bluntly admitted seeing no point in waiting.

"Oh, that's cool," Mirabel said, adjusting her glasses.

"Cool?" Camilo questioned.

"Yeah, I mean I'm a lesbian so I have no problem with it" Mirabel came out.

"You are?" Camilo exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's what I came here to tell you" Mirabel chuckled.

"You and Isabela are the only ones that know though so don't tell anyone" Mirable ordered.

Camilo was rather surprised that Mirabel told him second, it sorta made him feel bad for telling her second to last.

'Maybe I should have corrected Antonio's pronunciation of a lesbian after all' Camilo thought.

"Everyone but Abuela know's about me" Camilo admitted.

"Yeah, from what Bruno told me she's very homophobic" Mirabel sighed, moving slightly feeling a lump under her, she lifted up the pillow to find the stuffed Chameleon.

"Naww, you still have this" Mirabel smiled, happy Camilo had kept it for the past five years.

"Y-yeah, you gave it to me." Camilo stuttered a bit embarrassed for owning a stuffed animal at 15.

"I mean I know I'm too old for a stuffed animal but-" Camilo got cut off by Mirabel.

"you 're never too old for stuffed animals" Mirabel grinned, handing the toy to Camilo before ruffling his hair and walking out of the room.

"Only Abuela to go now" Camilo whispered to the stuffie, with a sigh.

(A/N:

HELLO THOUGHT Y'ALL COULD USE SOME FLUFF BEFORE THE ANGST COMES WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER, Y'ALL TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES

-ASTRO