𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕒𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 (𝟙)

Start from the beginning

once there, jackie found the doctor some pyjamas and lay him in her bed. he stayed fast asleep. callisto sat beside him on the edge of the bed before jackie rushed in, giving her a stethoscope, "here we go. tina the cleaner's got this lodger: medical student. and she was fast asleep, so just took it."

"cheers." callisto muttered, putting the ear pieces into her ears and placing the round end of the stethoscope to one side of his chest. his left heart worked. she placed it to his right. his right heart was beating too.

"i still think we should take him to the hospital." jackie admitted as rose stood in the doorway, worried.

"we can't. they'd lock him up. they'd dissect him. one bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race." rose explained and jackie went to speak again "no! sh!"

"they're both working. which is good, at least." callisto shrugged, taking the stethoscope from the doctor's chest, placing it on the bedside table.

"what d'you mean 'both'?" jackie inquired.

"he's got two hearts." rose replied.

"oh, don't be stupid!" jackie exclaimed in disbelief.

"he has." rose nodded, going to leave the doorframe.

"anything else he's got two of?" jackie asked and callisto couldn't help but chuckle.

rose turned to her mother sharply, "leave him alone."

jackie followed her daughter out, obliging. callisto was about to leave the room but she heard the doctor sigh loudly and turned to see another stream of golden energy passing through his lips and out of the window. worried that it was a sign the regeneration was draining him, she picked up the stethoscope and checked his hearts again. they were both perfectly fine. after pressing an adoring, yet hesitant, kiss to his forehead, seeing him relax even more into the pillows, callisto closed to door to jackie's room, heading to find rose in the small kitchen.

"is that a different face or is he a different person?" jackie asked curiously.

"how should i know?" rose snapped before sighing. "sorry. the thing is... i thought i knew him, mum. and then he goes and does this."

rose had begun crying but callisto didn't pay that any attention as she leant against the counter, "he can't help it."

"well, what is it? why'd he change his face?" rose demanded.

"it's called regeneration. time lords do it when they're about to die." callisto explained. "i'm not sure why he would be dying. i can't remember what happened at satellite 5, but i know his body is meant to change. however, i was told he'd faint and go into a coma."

"who told you all of that? and why're you green, now? are you ill?" jackie questioned, worriedly.

"i'm green because i'm from a planet called zen-whoberi. this is my race's natural skin tone. we got taught about threats to our world during school. time lords were one of the biggest." callisto answered.

"why would you learn about other aliens?" rose inquired.

"you know how you learn about other religions in school?" callisto asked and rose nodded. "it's kind of like that. but we learnt about them to try and prevent them from attacking and killing our people."

"why would the doctor's people do that?" rose asked.

"time lords are very powerful. power can go to a person's head and consume them. having control over time and space, a persons past and future, an entire race's past and future, is so incredibly powerful it's beyond comprehension." callisto said. "they make one mistake with that power, a simple one, a planet could cave in on itself. it was mainly for precautions that we learnt about them."