0.10

"Eugene, when can I go to bee-keeping?" I asked, putting on my blazer of the uniform. It announced that yesterday was the last day for clubs to get prepared. I'll be lying when I say I wasn't looking forward to the bee-keeping club.

Over the weeks, Eugene has been telling me different stuff about bees, and different facts. Due to that, I have grown a little liking towards bees. Though, I don't have the talent of understanding them.

"After school, we'll be meeting in the garden." He replies, fixing his glasses. He looks eager for it, I can tell he is excited.

"Do you know how much people will be coming..?" I asked politely, I brushed out my hair with my hand for a bit, even though I have been in this school for a good amount of time, I haven't been able to make friends other than Eugene.

I still get nervous around new people. Growing up, I always had problems interacting with other people that I wouldn't trust. Though now at my age, I think it has died down a bit.

I still have trouble stuttering or not being awkward.

"Hm well there's me and you so two people already," then he trailed off with a list of names. I was able to count five, which came out as seven people. I hope it wouldn't be awkward with the others, just by their name it was intimidating.

I replied with a thank you as I walked out the dorm room. I usually leave with Eugene, but he insisted I left without him this morning. Since he still has a bit of decorating to do.

I walked into the main quad. I looked around, watching everyone interact with each other. I wish I wasn't so shy.
Maybe if I wasn't, I'll be able to sit in a table filled with people that have the same interest as me.

Every table had a different type of outcast.
I didn't see one with shape shifters, though I did see an empty table. It was always that table no one sat at, me and Eugene have always been sitting on that exact one.

As I was walking over to it, a sudden person stepped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. I wasn't sure who this person was, nor did I have any memory recalling them.

Though I didn't need more information as it was obvious she was a siren.

She had a stern face, like I had did something wrong. She looked at me up and down, tilting her head.

"Who are you?" She asked, confused look on her face. "Uh- Y/N." I replied, avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah Y/N, who are you to Rowan?" She asked. A confused look plastered on my face. Why is she asking this question? Why does it matter?

"Nothing much." I said, my hand clutching onto my book bag strap. I had enough strength to look into her eyes. The look never left her face, like she wasn't satisfied with my answer.

I was confused on many things, how does she know I was talking to Rowan?

"Yeah? Are you new?" She asked, letting out a breathy laugh. Her eyes never leaving mine.

"Yes, I am."

"You should be aware that Rowan isn't someone you befriend, why don't you be my friend instead?" She asked, holding out her hand for me to shake.