Vol. 2 Episode 10:Mountain Glenn

Start from the beginning

Yang:It was very tough...

(Y/N):At first, I wanted to be a Huntsman to get out of the bad part of the city. Have a nice life for me and Ruby when we graduate and see the world. Then everything happened. Moved in with Ruby and Yang, then I decided to do more. Try to be hero while exploring the world, still. But, I ain't no hero. I guess more of Anti-Hero, heh.

Yang:At least you three have something that drives you. I've just kinda of always, gone with the flow, y'know? And that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a Huntress, not really because I want to be a hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamt about being the heroes in the books. Helping people and saving the day, and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today.

Weiss:Well, she's still just a kid.

Blake:She's only two years younger. Same as (Y/N). We're all kids.

Yang:Well, not anymore. I mean, look where we are! In the middle of a warzone and armed to the teeth!

Blake:It's the life we chose.

Weiss:It's a job. We all had this romanticized vision of being a Huntress or huntsman in our heads! But at the end of the day, it's a job to protect the people! And whatever we want, will have to come second.

(Y/N):Yeah...

The 3 of them went to sleep and I went over to Ruby to talk about whatever and soon start my watch shift.

Ruby:Hey, (Y/N).

(Y/N):Hey, Ruby.

The two of us gave each other a small kiss and saw Ceithir and Zwei walk over to us.

Ruby:Aww, hey you two. You two getting a little jealous from Mommy and Daddy.

Ceithir put his head on Ruby's lap and she proceeded to give him head pets.

Ruby:Yang's right. Those were tough times.

(Y/N):For both of us...

Ruby:I mean what I said last night at the dance. I'm very proud of you... I know it probably wasn't easy getting over it. But, you did it.

(Y/N):I'm still sorry you had to see me there. In a hospital bed.

Ruby:There's nothing to be sorry about. That was all in the past. You know, when we were in the dreamscape. Fighting Negative (Y/N), I saw that moment. You in the bathroom, on the floor. The day you...

Ruby let out a couple of tears from her eyes. I then immediately hugged her to calm her down and to comfort her.

(Y/N):Hey, don't cry. Everything will be alright.

Ruby:It still hurts... I should've asked you everyday if you were okay. I could have prevented you from doing it.

(Y/N):Hey, I don't want you to worry about that... everything is going to be okay. I haven't touched drugs in a long time. And I haven't tried to hurt myself in a long time either. Everything is okay.