to put it simply, nicole was nervous. they had stayed up all night wondering what the dinner would be like and what dish she would make in the first place. by the time she had made the decision and came to terms with the fact that she wouldn't know how it would go, it was nearly 4am. so she had put her phone down and closed her blinds tightly before getting into bed with her cats and passing out until about 1 in the afternoon.

oh how badly she regretted it now. her apartment was an absolute mess. clothes all over her apartment, papers scattered all over the kitchen island, the dishwasher was full, and the carpets with cat hair bunched up on them- she had been so distracted with a useless problem she didn't notice the real one. but nico had no time to waste so she got to work.

by the time she finished cleaning, it was already about to be four. "oh fuck, please give me time," she hopped in the shower and once she was done she put on her robe and got to work on dinner.

dinner wasn't too hard to finish. just plain white rice, beans, fried plantain, and grilled meat. she was worried that they wouldn't like it but who in the world wouldn't like hispanic food.

by five, she was all dressed up and chilling in the living room until she heard the doorbell ring. she got up and slid to the door with her socks, opening the door and closing it as soon as she opened it. isaac was there first. he was early.

they opened the door again and smiled, "hey! you're here early. take off your shoes." she stepped back to let him in. "yeah hi, nick and katie said traffic is pretty bad. they went to the outlets apparently, fuckin losers." isaac slipped off his shoes and set them down on the shoe rack before facing nicole.

"oh you're much more vertically challenged than I remember," he laughed and reached to touch nico's head but they dodged. sticking out their tongue at him, nico scoffed out, "not my fault you're built like that but okay."

she closed the door and pushed isaac further into the apartment, "this is my home, my cats are friendly just don't yell or anything like that," isaac nodded and sniffled the air, "oh brother am I hungry." he sighed and sat down on the couch as nico handed him a throw blanket in case he got cold.

"don't eat my fucking cats," she smacked him upside the head before heading to her cabinets, listening to isaac belt out a laugh.

"anyways, I'm guessing since katie and nick won't be here anytime soon...we can eat now." she portioned out the food on two plates and left more than enough for the other two guests to eat when they arrived.

"do you want some rosé wine as well, isaac?" nico turned around to find isaac already staring at them with a big smile and she couldn't help but smile back. "yes nico, I would love that."

once the plates were set down at the table, isaac sat down and nico found the wine glasses as well as the rosé for them to drink after they finished with the food. "so i was thinking sweetheart, i have some video ideas and i'd love for you to be involved," isaac paused as he chewed on the rice and meat, "only if you want to of course."

almost choking on her food from how fast she was fucking it up—and at the nickname—nico let out of a little cough and nodded after taking a sip of wine. "yeah! i'd be down for that. i haven't done youtube content in a few weeks so i think that'd be nice," they let out a slight smile and continued eating, stealing glances at isaac and freaking out in her brain.

through multiple glasses of wine, the plates had ended up in the sink and they were both now seated on the couch. isaac playing with one of nicole's cats, astra, and nico on her phone texting katie where she was. an hour and a half had gone by, it was time she got to nico's place.

"nicole," isaac was slumped on the couch and gently took away nico's phone, setting it on the coffee table along with his, "you know, you're really pretty. and you'd look even prettier talking to me." nico huffed air out her nose in amusement and leaned closer to isaac, their knees and shoulders barely touching. "oh really?" she turned her head and looked into isaac's pretty dark bronze eyes that seemed to hold the world's knowledge.

"yeah, i promise nico," he brought his hand up to their face and brushed the stray hairs out of their eyes, "i also think there's so much more to you than you let on." nico was having a hard time, their knees were fully touching now and neither of them showed signs of pulling away. their stomach churned with desire as they closed their eyes and leaned into his touch. "you'd be surprised isaac. I know that there's more to you too."

they were barely a breath away but nico needed to be closer, she hoped that isaac felt the same way but there was only one way to find out. she quickly pulled away and straddled isaac, cupping his face in their hands, searching and finding isaac to be flustered at first. but it only took about two seconds before he melted back and his hands were on her waist, "nico," she pressed their foreheads together, "yeah?"

"may i kiss you?" their noses were brushing against each other. the anticipation practically chewing them both alive as seconds passed by, neither of them needed it more than the other- it was a mutual yearning that wasn't even close to fathomable through words, "you can kiss me as much as you'd like."

isaac's hands squeezed tighter against their waist, pulling her in and intertwining his lips with hers. it was just them two in this moment and it felt as if the stars and planets had aligned as they moved against each other, fireworks setting off in their brains and stomachs. nothing had ever come close to this feeling, the immediate connection and the need to be closer, the need for more.

nico felt as if they needed to melt into isaac, and that they did.