Betrothals

Secret passage near the Small Council Chamber

92 AC

Rhaena, at elven years old and soon to be a maid flowered, watched the Small Council meetings. Her Uncle had let it slip about betrothals, and she suspected this would be the meeting when her hand in marriage would be discussed.

"Aemma Arryn would be a fine wife for Viserys." Maester Elysar suggested. "She has the Blood of Old Valyrian through Princess Daella, and the daughter of a great house from her father Lord Rodrik Arryn."

"How old is the girl, ten?" Barth said.

"She can be married next year." Corlys suggested.

"When she is elven. Elven, father!" Aemon objected to his goodson's suggestion. "I agree on Aemma as a bride for Viserys, but how about when she is older, fifteen maybe."

"Enough!" Jaehaerys barked. "Aemma and Viserys will marry in 97 AC, when she is fifteen years old. Now, for Daemon and Rhaena."

"Betroth them father, they are so close. And if you try and separate them, they'll do what you and mother did." Aemon said dryly. 

"Run away to Dragonstone and get married." Barth jested.

Daemon? Her husband?

"I agree." Barth said. "They are both willful, but they care deeply for each and and will be able to calm each other. We can do a double marriage for Viserys, Aemma, Daemon, and Rhaena in 97 AC."

Silently, Rhaena slipped away and headed back to her apartments.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!