𝟎𝟎𝟒. the masked ball

☽ ━━━ ❀ ━━━ ☾

☽ ━━━ ❀ ━━━ ☾

That evening, three individuals who were personally acquainted with one another—Rei Hino, Mamoru Chiba, and Ayaka Haruki—lay awake in their respective chambers. Each one bathed in a glistening layer of perspiration, frantically clinging to their thumping chest cavities. A thin trail of moisture trickled down their brows, yet they remained unaffected by the discomfort. They each remained locked in their thoughts, fixated on their respective dreams. Rei had dreamt the queen collapsed before her very eyes, the result of Queen Metallia's intervention. Meanwhile, Mamoru dreamt that the princess sacrificed herself. Ayaka's dream constituted a voice calling out to her from across a battlefield. A truly disconcerting experience.

Sighing, Ayaka got out of her bed. What does all this mean? The sun wasn't up yet so the pink haired girl could see the stars in the sky. The faint light of the crescent moon enveloped the pink-haired in its light. The image of a meadow briefly appeared in front of her. She shook her head. What is happening to her? After all, Ayaka was 100% sure that something like this is not normal during puberty.

Since she couldn't sleep anyway, she sat down at her desk and began to draw everything she saw on a sheet of paper. It was already six o'clock when Ayaka had a finished picture of a boy. "I'll find you!" she murmured and finally started to change. Today the pink-haired girl would meet her friends at the arcade and give them the invitations to her birthday.

Ready in her uniform, she looked at herself in the mirror and braided her hair.

Finished with her morning routine, the dark pink-eyed woman went into the kitchen. Her mother was sitting at the dining table. Her two brothers would have to start school later today and her father would have to get up earlier, but that's nothing new since he's the chief medical officer. "Morning Mum!" Her mother read a newspaper article while the pink-haired girl ate breakfast. "Oh darling, tonight we're all going to Princess D's ball."

"Princess D?" Ayaka looked questioningly at her mother. "Princess D of D-Kingdom." Her mother explained, confusing the pink-haired even more. "She is named after her kingdom?" But Mrs. Haruki ignored her daughter's question. "She's going to throw a ball to show off her crystals, and I know you hate balls, but can you-" When the pink-haired heard the word crystal, she was already on it. There would be many boys there and that's where Ayaka could find the boy with the crystal of life.

☿⚦♁♃☾𖤐

"Is the teacher here yet?" Usagi had just come to school and was actually on time. "No, you sleepyhead." The pink haired girl grinned with her glasses in front of her eyes. The blonde relaxed as she remembered wanting to ask why there are so many cops everywhere. "Why are there so many police officers on the road today?"

When Mrs. Haruki told Ayaka this morning what would happen today, she explained: "Princess D of Kingdom D is coming here. She's giving a ball. And don't ask me why she was named after her kingdom!'' But Usagi, like her mother, ignored the last sentence.