Ch. 1

Hermione landed in the field outside of the Burrow, lingering for a moment to stare up at the tall structure. Over the past few years after the war, the Weasleys had made renovations and changes here and there, most of which were expanding existing rooms as well as updating to an all-brick exterior. She was grateful for this, especially since she was always worried about the upper levels collapsing or falling off the sides of the building.

Another thing that had to be added was the Anti-Apparation shield around the area; once everything had settled down after the battle, random witches and wizards started showing up to see the Burrow as the Weasley family had been named a prominent family in helping to take down Voldemort. After one such tourist had accidentally apparated within the family home, Molly and Arthur both set up the perimeter which only allowed certain people within it to prevent any other random guests from popping in. While they didn't necessarily mind the attention, having random people try to walk up to their home with no regards for the fact that it was currently being lived in was crossing a line for them.

She shook those thoughts away and began making her way towards the porch, stuffing her hands in her coat pockets and smiling as the sound of happy voices grew louder as she neared. Dinner should have been starting soon and she only hoped that she hadn't missed it.

She was greeted with warm welcomes as soon as she stepped in, pulling her coat off with a smile and hanging it on the nearby coatrack. "Hi, everyone! Sorry for being a little late!"

"You're not late at all," Ginny said from the couch where she was nestled under Harry's arm.

Ron had stood up and made his way towards her, pulling her in for a hug and giving her a quick kiss as they ignored the whoop from George.

"How was work?" He asked after pulling back, taking her hand and leading her towards the other couch.

"It was alright," Hermione shrugged, stepping over George who was happily laying on his back with an arm under his head. "Evening, George! How's the shop?"

"Business is booming," He answered with a grin. "About to launch some new products; want to be an official tester?"

Hermione laughed before replying, "I'm quite content with watching others play guinea pig, thank you!"

He gave her an odd look but only shook his head in response. Hermione sat down next to Ron, smiling at him as he and Harry began to discuss a recent mission they had been assigned while Ginny and George talked about one of the new products.

Her attention was directed to the ring on her finger as the diamond caught the light; she glanced down at it and smiled happily, remembering Ron's proposal the day he graduated from Auror training a few months prior.

The sound of the door opening caught her attention and she froze as she realized who had just walked into the Burrow.

"Charlie!"

Ginny shot up from the couch and bounded over George, immediately throwing her arms around her older brother and laughing when he picked her up and spun her around.

Charlie Weasley was built much different from his brothers; where they were all tall and lanky, Charlie was short and stocky, though he wasn't shorter by much. He was also nearly completely covered in freckles from working outside all the time, and the scruff along his chin had grown from the last time Hermione had seen him. He was built for handling dragons, and Hermione's eyes lingered on the muscle definition that was clear even though he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

 He was built for handling dragons, and Hermione's eyes lingered on the muscle definition that was clear even though he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt