Ch. 5

"Mum's having another large family dinner tonight," Ginny sighed, leaning her head back against the chair as she closed her eyes.

Hermione groaned slightly, staring off to the other buildings behind Grimmauld Place. They were spending the afternoon lounging on Ginny's new balcony that was built off one of the upstairs bedrooms-turned-sitting room during renovations Harry insisted on doing soon after they permanently moved in.

With a sigh, Hermione shook her head and said, "As much as I love your family, there's only so much socializing I can take in a three-week timeframe."

"And we're still on week one," Ginny said, turning her head to look at Hermione. "I can sneak us some wine if you'd like."

"You know I won't say no to that," Hermione grinned. "Is it too early to start?"

"Absolutely not."

Ginny held up her arm with her hand open and they both waited patiently. Moments later, a bottle of wine flew into Ginny's open hand and she quickly set it down between them before reaching up both hands that caught the two incoming wine glasses.

"What time is the dinner going to be?" Hermione asked as she watched Ginny pour the first glass.

"Mum said around six or seven," Ginny answered, handing the glass to her. "Harry said he and Ron should be able to make it in time for the start of dinner if they leave straight from work."

Hermione took a sip from her glass and sighed. "I was hoping Ron would finish early but I suppose not."

Ginny didn't answer, instead taking a long drink from her own glass and then perking up happily. "Oh! We should talk about your dress! You need to find that soon, especially if you decide on a muggle design."

"I know, I know," Hermione replied, shaking her head. "I just can't seem to decide on exactly what I want."

"Well that's why you go and try them on," Ginny laughed. "You realize that's what the majority of brides do, right?"

"Yes, but I don't want to waste time going through potentially hundreds of dresses trying to find the one I like." Hermione shifted in her chair before taking another drink. "I've seen so many that I like but none that I'm really in love with."

"You know it would probably be easy for us to alter one to your liking, right?" Ginny said, raising an eyebrow at her friend. "I mean, I seriously doubt that you won't find a dress that you absolutely love but worst case, we can take the one you like best and just change the parts you don't like."

Tilting her head back and forth, Hermione hummed to herself. "True. Worst case only, though."

"I firmly believe we'll find the perfect dress for you," Ginny smiled reassuringly.

"I know we will," Hermione sighed, staring off again. "I think I'm just a little stressed out right now."

"That's completely understandable; you're planning a wedding which is already stressful enough without a groom who is dragging his feet and a groomsman who happens to be one of the groom's brothers potentially having feelings for you."

Hermione shot her a scowl but Ginny brushed it off with a grin in return as she said, "Tell me I'm wrong."

"No, that definitely makes it more stressful," Hermione said pointedly. She took a drink from her glass and then her brow furrowed in exasperation as she asked, "Why are you so insistent on Charlie having feelings for me? You have little to no evidence to base this off of."

Ginny's expression turned to one of knowing smugness and a shot of panic mixed with excitement ran through Hermione. "Ginny, do you know something?"

"I don't, however..." She swirled the wine around in her glass as she thoroughly enjoyed the suspense she was creating. "I've seen the way he looks at you. And don't think that little interaction at the beginning of the family quidditch match went unnoticed."