Chapter 3

Eliza's POV-

I reached the place of interview at 8:55 am so I was about five minutes early.

I was directed to the top floor of the building. I went a sat down beside four other women. At nine o'clock the office door opened and a man, one or two years older than me walked out of the office.

"Mr. Chae will see you now. You all have been seated according to the order of your interviews. Please maintain it. Ms.McPhee you are the first. Please follow me." He said.

The girl sitting at the first got up and went in the cabin. I was the third person to go in. It took about an hour for me go inside.

I entered the cabin and a man was sitting at a huge desk at the centre of the room. His aura was intimating. He was wearing a dark gray coloured suit.

He gestured for me to have a seat

He gestured for me to have a seat. Without a single word spoken we sat there in silence. His eyes were scrutinizing me from head to toe. There was no way this man was already 36. He hardly looked like he had crossed 30. He had an intimidating aura like one wrong word and I'd be kicked out of the office. 

Finally after many minutes of silence he spoke. "Ms. Ahn I have gone through your resume. It is safe to say you are qualified enough for this job but what matters more is how you are with kids. Because my kids are my topmost priority and I am not giving their responsibility to someone incompetent."

I nodded.

"Do you have any experience looking after kids?" He asked.

"I have looked after kids many times. I was a part time nanny for more than 7 months last year." I said.

"This isn't a part time job Ms. Ahn. Your complete attention is needed." He kept on looking right in my eyes like he could he see through my soul.

"I understand that sir." I said.

"Are you willing to give all your attention and time to them?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"You will have to move into our house if you get that job." He said.

I nodded.

After a few more minutes of silence he said "You can leave now Ms. Ahn. You'll get the call if you got the job or not."

"Thank you Mr. Chae." I got up from my seat and left the room. That was the weirdest interview I have were given.

I left and went to my job at the restaurant.

The day went by in a flash. My body was aching from standing up wearing heels all day.  

That night I sat on the couch in my apartment watching a movie when I got a call. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ms. Anh?" The speaker asked.

"Yes. Who is this?" I asked.

"I am Joe, Mr. Chae's assistant. I have called you to tell you that you have been selected for the job." He said.

"Really? That's great." I exclaimed.

"You will join from day after tomorrow and tomorrow you will move your belongings in Mr. Chae's house. The moving team will come at 1 in the afternoon to help you pack and move." He informed.

"Okay. I'll be ready." I said trying to sound normal even though tomorrow was a little too early for me.

"Good night Ms. Ahn." He hung up the phone.

After that I called Jenna and told her about it. That night I slept at 1 am because I was busy packing up my things. I packed my essential things first like my clothes, textbooks, documents, etc. Tomorrow I'll pack the rest. 

The next after finishing packing I called my landlord to tell him that I was moving out which wasn't that big of a issue because my lease was about to end in a week. Then I called all three of jobs to tell them I was quitting. The only person who over reacted was my manager at the diner. 

The moving people came dot at 1 am. After moving everything into their truck we reached Mr. Chae's house at around 2:30 pm. And his house wasn't just a house it was a paradise to even look at. The moving people started taking all my stuff inside while I stood there awkwardly. 

"Ms.Ahn?" Someone called.

I turned around, a lady was standing behind me. She must have been in her late 60's. She looked kind. 

"Yes?" I answered.

"Hi, I am Martha, Vincent's housekeeper. I'll be the one showing around." She said. She had an English accent.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. I am Eliza." I said. 

"Please follow me." She said.

We went inside the house and showed around. The place was like  Barbie's Dreamhouse. There were rooms for almost everything. I was going to have to memorize everything.

"Vincent wants to meet you in his office." Martha said.

"Office?" I questioned.

"He has an office inside the house. I'll show you." She explained at my visible confusion.

I followed her up the stairs to a double door room. She knocked.

"Come in." Came the voice from inside.