I turn over, turning on the tv, getting under the covers. Robb sits down on the bed, laying back so that his head is laying on my stomach. I play with his loose curls, scrolling through channels with my other hand.

"you doing something tomo?" he asks, obviously either annoyed or angry since that's when I often hear the new york accent laced all in his voice.

"probably to get my nails done.. to the mall maybe" I answer, wrapping his hairs around my fingers and letting them unravel.

"hm." he replies before checking his watch on his wrist, sitting up.

"they need me at the studio" he says lowly, standing up and putting his jacket on and grabbing his keys.

"okay?" I say confused.

"do you know what time you'll be back?"  I ask.

"nah." he starts, "I wouldn't wait up either." He finishes before walking out of the bedroom door, closing it behind him.

I sit there for a few minutes confused about his whole demeanor change in such a short amount of time. I find it a little weird how he has to go back to the studio at almost 12 am and then told me not to wait up. I get a little irritated thinking about the situation but I decide to let it go. I pull my notebook and start writing whatever comes to mind and before I know it I had a whole song. Tossing my notebook and pen on the bed next to me, I lay down and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

***

'ding'

'ding'

'ding'

'ding'

please just let me sleep.

'ding'

'di- ' I snatch the phone off the nightstand  before it can ding again, because if it had...I would've screamed.

I stare at the screen for a few seconds, confused as to what was going on. Each ring was a notification of a new follow from instagram. I press one of the notifications which takes me to the app. I stare at the screen in awe.

Overnight, my 125 followers turned into 15.7K. I started giggling assuming that my instagram was hacked as there could be no possible way I had 15.7 THOUSAND people who wanted to follow me. I go to the notifications as i'm getting multiple tags also. I press on one of the tags reading the caption of the video.

redthaarockstar: "so real. so raw@NovaE"    

I press the video and it's me... the song robb edited last night is already out and I didn't know.

I exit out of the app, calling robb as my hands shake from a mixture of anxiuousness and excitement.

I put it on speaker.

"you have reached the voicemail box of 30-"

his phone goes straight to voicemail so I try again.

"you have reac-"  I hang up again.

I sigh, going back to instagram, replying to as many comments, dms and posts that I can in the next 30 minutes. I look at the time.

12:20 pm. fuck.

I hop up from the bed, rushing to the bathroom as I jump into the shower, washing up and getting out, taking all of 5 minutes. I fish around in the drawers and closet and eventually find a pink 'Gucci' shirt pairing it with a pair of black nike pro shorts and some slides.

I sit down on the bed trying robb and to no surprise it goes straight to voicemail..again. I grab my bag, making my way to the kitchen where I see a set up of roses in a vase, a stack of money and a card with my name, written in pretty cursive letters. My first instinct is to take a picture, then I open the card first.