𝐎𝟓 - 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐔𝐓𝐘

┌── ☄ ──┐

┌── ☄ ──┐

  During the late hour at which Rhaella and Sir Criston engaged in the act of copulation, at the gates of the Red Keep, Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, received a spy from the White Worm, the head of a network of spies. It was the first time Otto worked with the White Worm, a business relationship reinforced by the latest events that occurred in the dark of night. After all, the White Worm had provided Otto with the information that Daemon was attracted to both Princess Rhaella and Princess Rhaenyra.

  When the morrow came, Otto dreaded the information he had to relay to the King, as it was never an easy discussion to talk of women's indulges, especially when those women so happened to be the King's daughters. While the King claimed those rumors to be nothing but false accusations and accused the Hand of being full with self-interest, Queen Alicent Hightower listened to the conversation behind the black room divider that shielded the King's canopy bed.

  Alicent grew up and was raised to be a dutiful and loyal wife, Alicent always thought it was most honorable, and even perhaps romantic, to dedicate her life to the man she would be claimed to. It was what she was taught by her father, Otto, it was all she knew. A religious girl who could easily fawn over any simple romantic gesture, is who Alicent once was.

  But now, as Queen, things were expected of her, and her ideologies of life supplanted into her mind by her father only drove the Queen to seek answers for herself. She couldn't believe the accusations against the twins— and they just seemed to have gotten along and put past their years of awkward silence. So, while The King questioned his brother in the throne room, the Queen sent Sir Criston to each of the twin's chambers and delivered them near the weirwood tree beside the outer courtyard.

  " What happened last night?" The Queen turned from the tree, stepping down from the roots and watching the twins walk down the stone pathway. " What do you mean?" Rhaella asked.

  " My father has made some worrying allegations about the two of you," Rhaella tried her best to keep from rolling her eyes and showing the slightest bit of attitude at the mention of Alicent's father. Of course he had something to do with this, Rhaella had said to herself.

  " Were you both with Daemon?" Rhaenyra stuttered, glancing down at her yellow dress then up at her sister, " Oh, I. . . We haven't seen him in years. He took us into the city for some fun."

  " Tell me the whole of it, Rhaenyra, and face me as you do so and not her," Queen Alicent demanded, stepping away from the red leaf tree and pausing in front of the twins.

  " Your father accused us of something," Rhaella trailed off. " What? That we drank wine at taverns? Left the castle after the sun had set? Ran through the streets of merchants and beggars?"