Chapter 1 MY LIFE AS A SMALL BOY

I was born on November 19,in the year 1995.I was born in the small village of Ekerenyenyo,which is located in Nyamira county ,kenya.I was not born alone ,I was born together with my twin brother Clinton .After we were born,we went to live in Transnzoia county where my father was working,he worked as a police man.After staying in Transnzoia for about three years ,my smaller sister sharon was born.That year my father got a transfer to go to another police station which was in Embu county.My father left my mother,my small sister ,my brotherand i in Transnzoia.After nine months after my father had left ,My mother got sick,she had high blood pressure.My mother was rely sick that she even sometimes could not cook for us but because we had good neighbours,they took care of us  as their own chidren.My father could rearly visit us.My brother and i even did some small jobs that we could be paid.The money  that we were paid, we could  give it to  our mother and she could decide what to do with.When we were in class four,my father came and took my brother and i  to go  and live with him in Embu.My mother and my smaller sister sharon,were left.That day i felt angry and said to my father,"Daddy why are you leaving mum and sharon and mum is sick who will take care of them."My mother said that we were taken  to go and study in better schools.My father said that he would come for my sister when she was in class four.In Embu,my father took us for an interview so that we would join  a school called victorian academy.My brother and i did  not know how to read and write so we repeated in class three while we were supposed to go to class five.After finishing class three atleast by then we could know how to write and read so my brother and i proceeded to class four.My brother and i worked hard and by the end of class,I was position two and my brother was position four.The next year my father was transferred to Maua police station which was in Meru county.My father took us to a school called precious kids.We continued with our studies ,We worked hard and by the end of class five i was position one and my  brother  was position five.That same year,my mother and my smaller sister came from Transnzoia. My mother  was still sick but she was recovering .In class six,i became the best student in the class throughout the year.Teachers could not believe the results after every exam.One day ,My Headteacher Mr Ochieng called me in his office and said to me ,"Arisa we have seen your effort you rely are working hard,my fellow teachers and i have decided to give you a class eight exam,if you will pass it then i will register you for the KCPE Exam."When i was given the exam,it was simple and i got three hundred and ninety three marks .The head teacher registered me for the KCPE which i did in 2005 and i was supposed to do in 2006 together with my brother.