¹¹ blood of the stars

Start from the beginning

"are you scared of needles?" the doctor asked as he tapped the teenage girls arm, making her simply shrug for a moment before nodding hesitantly, she didn't like needles and she didn't like blood.

she didn't like anything involving gore in general.

but then, she felt a small prick in her arm, making her flinch as she looked down, seeing he stuck a needle in her vein,

"all done, hurts less if you don't see it coming" he said, which made the small girl sigh because it had already been done and over with, he quickly drew the syringe back in her arm as the vile filled with her dark red blood.

doctor hansley put the lid on the vile before putting it in a bin, madelyn stared at him carefully for a moment as she kicked her feet on the examining table out of nervousness.

"alright, these will be taken to the lab for testing and i will be back with you shortly" he said with a small, comforting smile on his face—-but nothing about the situation comforted madelyn at all.

and what made her feel even worse was that she was keeping this a secret, from everyone.

from miles.

but that wasn't the worst secret she was keeping from him...

madelyn sat on the examining table like a nervous mess, it had been a half hour since doctor hansley left the room and she was growing more and more impatient as the clock ticked and the seconds passed.

"madelyn honey, just try to relax" her aunt who was now sitting in a chair across from the examining table attempted to reassure her, her uncle sat in a seat next to her. madelyn to snapped her head up,

"i can't relax! this is freaking me out!" she raised her voice out of panic, her aunt stood up from the chair, walking over sitting next to her on the examining bed as she rubbed her back comfortingly.

it didn't mean anything compared to the way she felt when miles did it, no one comforted her the way miles did.

madelyn breathed heavily out of panic, but before she could say anything, the door bursted open, revealing doctor hansley as he came back into the room with a notepad, causing the teenage girl to look at him nervously.

and the expression on his face wasn't helping her anxiety at all.

her aunt stood up off the examining table and sat back in her chair beside madelyn's uncle.

"the test results came back" he began, grabbing his desk chair and wheeling it over to sit closer to madelyn and her family, she felt her heart thump inside of her chest rapidly as she read the expression on his face, expecting the worst.

"you tested negative for leukemia" he said, causing a heavy breath to escape madelyn's lips, a weight feeling like it was lifted off of madelyn's shoulders at his revealing news.

the expression on his face before, was very misleading.

"however, you tested positive for the tumor suppressor gene, which is a form of a cancer gene" he said, causing madelyn's blood to run cold at the words that escaped his lips in that moment, but he reached his hand out, waving it around for a moment.