Christmas

“Mommy! Daddy! Papa! Père! Papi!” Hope Mikaelson shouted with her twin brother standing blearily in the doorway.
“Hope?” Vixie blearily asked, her hair unconsciously becoming it’s natural dark brown, “What’re you doing, baby?”
“It’s Christmas! Mommy, it’s Christmas!” she laughed, plopping down when she’d realized woken up all five of her parents, “Presents!”
“Not till Auntie Care, Auntie Bekah, Auntie Freya, Auntie Keelin, Uncle Damon, Uncle Stefan, Uncle Ric, and Lizzie and Josie get here,” Vixie sighed, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Hope pouted as Henrik scrambled up onto the bed, laying between his mother and Elijah. Elijah smiled and pressed a kiss to his son’s forehead, ignoring Hope’s indignant shriek when Kol scooped her up from next to Niklaus.
“Père!” Hope shouted, “Put me down, Père!”
“Not a chance!” Kol laughed, cuddling close to his daughter. As long as the twins had known their Père, he’d been cuddly. It was a far cry from the man that Vixie had first met, who had hardly let anyone touch him. Now, he loved all forms of contact. Whether it be one of his brother’s hands on his shoulder or his sister pulling him around the mall by his wrist or his children’s hugs, or his girlfriend’s kissing. Admittedly, the last one was his favorite.
“Brothers! Vixie!” the shout echoed through the large house, “I’m home!” Groaning, Vixie got out of bed and ushered her family downstairs, although not before telling her boyfriends to put their shirts on. Vixie paused on the staircase when she caught sight of her sister-in-law. Holding her hands were two very familiar figures. A blue-haired male and a blonde-haired woman.
“Teddy! Vic!” Vixie cried, rushing towards the trio and enveloping them in a tight hug, “When did you guys get back?”
“Late last night,” Teddy grinned when Vixie pulled back, “Grams didn’t really want us coming back but how could I leave my favorite aunt alone on the holidays?”
“I’m your only aunt, Ted,” Vixie laughed, her hand reaching up to twirl a lone strand of bubblegum pink hair around her finger. The thought made a bolt of pain flash through her heart, remembering Chrismas in the past that were spent with two arguing girls, hair flashing vividly as they fought. Quickly she pulled back before her thoughts were consumed by her once-alive older sister. It was a path unsuitable for such a day of cheer. Pasting a smile on her face, she turned around to face the rest of her family.
“Teddy!” the twins chorused when they caught sight of their cousin, rushing forward to hug him around his waist.
“How was England?” Henrik asked.
“Did you see the queen?” Hope asked, bright blue eyes staring up at her cousin, “Buckingham Palace? The Great Hall of Wizards?"
“No, yes, and no,” Teddy chuckled, “I’ve been to see the Great Hall a million times. Practically grew up there, remember?”
“Look who’s back,” a teasing voice asked, drawing the attention from Teddy and to the foyer where the blonde and her entourage from the Salvatore Boarding House stood.
“Liz! Jo!” the twins cried and abandoned their cousin for the other set of twins.
“Come into the living room, Care,” Vixie grinned, “I’m sure Hope and Henrik’ll keep Josie and Lizzie occupied until Freya and Keelin get here.” Caroline nodded, pulling her royal blue jacket off and draping it over her arm.
“What time do they plan on arriving?” Caroline asked her friend as they entered the festive Mikaelson Living Room. Her mouth fell open when she took in the sight. Above an already roaring fireplace were eighteen stockings overflowed with all different types of festive gifts, or in Damon’s case, a shot bottle of alcohol. Garland surrounded the many portraits that adorned the space, except for the large one of the entire family above the fireplace. Towards the edge of the room, between a chair and the couch, was a Christmas tree, at a height that Caroline had never seen before. All the chairs and the couch had pillows with different Christmas scenes on them.
“Oh my god…” Caroline trailed off with eyes as wide as saucers.
“During Christmas, we go all out,” Vixie told the blonde teasingly.
“Obviously.”
~~~Chrismas~~~
“Aunt Freya! Aunt Keelin!” four voices shouted, leaving hardly enough time for the adults to get out of the way before the four children were tackling their aunts.
“Hey, squirt,” Keelin laughed, hugging the Mikaelson and Saltzman that had jumped into her arms. Lizzie gave her a wide grin, mirrored by Hope. Meanwhile, Freya had been greeted by much softer hugs from the calmer siblings.
“Present time,” Caroline grinned and as if the children possessed the same speed as most of the adults, the four children were gone from the room. Vixie's brow arched at the sight, a fond smile curling her lips as she greeted her sisters-in-law with a hug before joining the children in the living room. The four children had each chosen the floor and the adults spread out across the three chairs, couch, and loveseat. Somehow, Victoire, Teddy, and Rebekah managed to squeeze into one chair. Similarly, the Mikaelson men and Vixie had managed to all sit on the couch, baffling most of the attendants.
“Nik, you mind?” Vixie asked, motioning towards the tree and he nodded. The blonde hybrid made his way over to the tree and began handing out presents, the children quickly getting a substantial amount of gifts. To no one's surprise, Vixie’s pile took second to only the children.
“Open, mama, open,” Henrik begged and Vixie smiled, reaching for a present in her pile.
“From Kol,” Vixie grinned and easily tore the paper away and gasped at the sight. It was a necklace with a simple silver chain but the pendant was what made her breathless. Set in a blue stone, likely Lapis Lazuli and spelled, was a heart with a silver banner across it saying ‘Always & Forever’,
“It’s beautiful, Kol,” Vixie whispered, tears in her eyes, “Thank you.”
Kol waved, his cheeks tinted pink, “A beautiful necklace for a beautiful girl.”
“So cheesy,” Vixie laughed, pressing a kiss to her boyfriend’s cheek. He smiled, turning his head at the last moment and capturing his love in a short but sweet kiss.
“Eww,” Hope whispered, shuddering, “Boy germs.”
“Do I have germs, then?” Niklaus asked, appearing beside Hope.
“No, daddy!” Hope squealed when her father began peppering her with kisses. Henrik laughed and took the moment to begin unwrapping his gifts, along with the other set of twins. Grinning, Teddy’s hair switched from blue to brown with his eyes adopting the same chocolate color as three of Vixie’s boyfriends. Vixie covered her mouth as Teddy’s face changed, morphing to fit a certain suited Original.
“Now, now, Hope,” Teddy mocked in a terrible, and vaguely accurate, imitation of Elijah, “Be nice to your father. He does amazing things for our family.”
“I don’t sound like that and I would never say that,” Elijah snapped, scowling at his girlfriend’s nephew only to have the Metamorphugus mock his words, “Quit it!” Elijah abandoned his pile of gifts in favor of arguing with his nephew while Kol, who had already gotten through his gifts, went to mess with Rebekah.
“What a mess,” Finn muttered, looping his arm around Vixie’s waist as he watched his family break into their own little arguments, even the three children who weren’t being chased by his hybrid brother.
“We’re Mikaelsons,” Vixie smirked as if it was the answer, and, quite honestly, it was.
“That we are,” Finn murmured before pressing a kiss to her forehead, “Merry Christmas.”

So this is my Christmas One-Shot

So this is my Christmas One-Shot. I realized that since the Mikaelsons each have their own term and that it isn’t really addressed, I should clarify. Kol is Père, Niklaus is Daddy, Elijah is Papi, and Finn is Papa. I found Klaus’, Elijah’s, and Finn’s pretty easily. Originally, Kol was to be called Pabbi, an Icelandic term for father. Then when I was speaking them, I realized that Pabbi sounds too much like Papi… So I found Père, the french term for Father…
I’m rambling. Hope you enjoyed the one-shots and I’ll be back on the first for the first 2023 Holiday One-Shot featuring all-new characters! Merry Christmas, Everyone!