𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Začať od začiatku

"I'm good." I tell him. I get a napkin and wet it, wiping around his mouth. When I get close enough, I can see the purple bruising around his eye making me grip his chin and tilt his head back a little, "What happened?"

"Just throwing the ones on the block. You know how that go. I was just lacking, that's all. But niggas know not to play with me cause I'll still up it." Dougie grins, lifting up his hoodie a little to reveal the gun at his waist. I roll my eyes, pulling the hoodie back down while he laughs.

"Come on. Take me to school." I tell him, pulling him up by his arm. Anything to get him out of Aunt V kitchen. She's standing by the stove with her arms crossed, but I can see the fly swatter in her hand. "Let's go. I don't want to be late."

"Nah, neva that. What kind of brother would I be if I ain't make sure my lil sis don't get her education on time?" Dougie says to me before turning to Aunt V and grinning, "You know Dougie love the kids-"

He barely has time to dodge when Aunt V swats him with the fly swatter, hitting him in the back of the neck. I can't help but laugh at the way Dougie takes off out the kitchen with Aunt V swatting at his legs. I shake my head before following them into the living room and then out the front door where Dougie is twisting his hat around, looking back at Aunt V whose standing in the doorway, holding her fly swatter.

"Nah Aunt V, you buggin!" He calls out to her, sucking his teeth, "She treating me like a fly and shit. That's crazy..."

I wave goodbye to Aunt V, making Dougie shake his head before I follow him to the car. He unlocks it and opens the door for me. I throw my backpack on the floor and hold onto my camera, frowning at all gift bags I see piled high with baby clothes.

"What's with all this baby stuff?" I ask, looking at Dougie.

"Oh that's for my sis." He shrugs, "You can just throw it in the back."

He shuts the door and while I wait for him to get in the driver's side, I dig around in the bag a little, feeling pacifiers and bottles. When Dougie opens the door and gets in, I put in the back seat.

"Your sister is pregnant?" I look over at him but he just shakes his head.

"Nah."

"Then-"

"So how you know Kendrick?" He asks suddenly, "The nigga from the tz that be in ya comments."

The question catches me off guard. I just sit there, biting my lip while Dougie starts the car and pulls off from the curb.

I doubt Dougie was just lurking in my IG comments. I had a strong feeling Setty saw Kendrick's comments too. And it was a matter of time before they did something to him again.

Before, Kendrick had been the one to hurt me first. But now, we have an understanding. And I know I need to be honest about him helping me. But another part of me said that Setty and the rest of the Sev wouldn't care about that at all.

"... he's the one who broke my old camera." I say finally.

"The one Kahlil gave you." Dougie's grip on the wheel gets tight, "Nah, cause my brother really grinded to save up for that. Locked and all, cause he knew that's what you really wanted... and he just broke ya shit and put his hands on you. Shit is gettin me tight just talkin about it."