"Shut up, weird hair." You were sitting in the front with the girls whereas he took a seat in the back row next to Kaminari—for some reason—a few seats away from you.

"The first match of the first round of the finals tournament," Present Mic said. "From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya versus from the general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso! The rules are simple; force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, "I give up!""

Heh. Your fight is going to be easy, then. "You better be ready to lose, Kaminari," you turned back to say to him with a playful grin. "I don't go easy on anyone."

"Never underestimate your opponent, Y/n," He responded with the same grin. "They may be tougher than you think."

"Same goes for you, sparky."

"Ready? Start!"

Izuku started walking towards Shinso but he suddenly froze right in the middle of the arena. He had a blank look on his face and he wasn't moving a muscle. Is it Shinso's quirk?

"Ah, and I went through the trouble of warning him, too!" Ojiro said, standing on his feet, looking concerned.

"What are you talking about?" You asked. "What is happening to him?"

"That guy has a quirk that can control people. As I said when I asked to withdraw, I don't remember much from the cavalry battle but the thing is, I don't remember almost anything after I answered his question. That's how his quirk works."

"What!?" You stood up as well with wide eyes. "So his quirk is mind control!? How is he supposed to beat that!?"

"Well," he crossed his arms. "It's not completely unavoidable. I snapped right out of his control after one of Tetstutetsu's horses bumped onto me. After that I remember what happened clearly."

"So, you only have to answer him and then you're under his control?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Damn. That's a dangerous quirk..."

Izuku turned around and walked towards the bounds. He is about to lose unless he receives some kind of shock to come to his senses again.

He's not stopping. Fuck! And you can't do anything about this! He's almost out of bounds. He's going to lose! He's-

Huh? You felt a strong vibration in the air coming from Izuku. Wait, that's his quirk!

"Midoriya's stopped!"

You sat back down, letting out a sigh of relief.

Izuku ran again and kept pushing Shinso until he was out. It took him a few punches and he almost lost but in the last second, he grabbed Shinso's arm, tossed him over his shoulder and threw him out of bounds.

"Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to round two!"

"Jesus, this boy is going to give me a heart attack." you said.

"He did that shoulder toss on you before, too, didn't he?" You heard Kaminari say to Katsuki who looked shocked after Izuku's win.

"Shut up, dunce face." He warned him in a kind of calm way. He was still processing Izuku's fight, although you didn't understand what exactly shocked him.

But damn, Kaminari was right. You should have never underestimated Shinso. If that were you, you wouldn't be able to escape from his brainwashing.

Wow, you actually said that Kaminari was right. Shinso must've brainwashed you, as well.

You were proud of Izuku, though. You have no idea how he managed to break out of his control, but whatever it was, it sure took a lot of power.

"Oh, Deku!" Uraraka said when she noticed Izuku at the back. Since when does Uraraka call him 'Deku' though? "Good work!"