Fortunately, there wasn't anything scheduled for the night except for the usual sets and DJ so they agreed on closing the whole second floor for the party.

It was a good distraction for Ryujin to clean up and prepare the space for the event. And because it was a very casual agreement, Chaeryeong extended the invitation and urged Ryujin to join them once her shift ends.

Her shift ends at 10 and the club would still be open for another 4 hours, she told Chaeryeong. "I'll stay and join if I'm not too tired for the night."

With that, she changed into the usual black on black attire and welcomed the early customers who came in.

*

Yeji was awakened by the loud sound of the front door.

Chaeryeong.

Soon enough, her best friend came barging in her room - a look of pride in her face.

Yeji feigned sleep and did not bother getting up from her bed.

"Yeji-ahhh. Wake up. I need youuu", the red-haired girl muttered as she plopped down on the bed beside the sleeping Yeji.

"Hmmm, I'm sleeping. Go awayyy", Yeji hummed in return.

"It's 6PM, what are you doing in bed at this hour? On a Friday? Come onnn. We're going out."

It was tempting, but nine of the ten times that Chaeryeong dragged her out, she regretted it.

There was one time when she was so hyped in dressing up for a 'special night out' that ended with the two of them sitting inside a theater watching a bunch of men shouting and delivering dialogues to no one in particular - which made no sense. It was art, Chaeryeong kept on repeating the whole night. And they didn't even get good seats! It was torture.

After that, Chaer promised to make it up to her by arranging a weekend trip outside Seoul. The hotel was nice and the staff were accommodating. But after their first night, Chaer ditched her upon finding out that a national artist was holding a free workshop in the same hotel for the weekend. Yeji, not having a single clue about the places to visit in the said town, ended up getting lost and calling the local police for help. Because her best friend was too engrossed in all the things she was learning to pick up the phone.

A lot of other unfortunate incidents happened besides that. Yeji liked being with Chaeryeong, and they understand each other in many ways. But, boy, do they have a lot of differences.

For one, Yeji isn't the type to go out on long walks, or stare at the seemingly same artworks hanging in high-ceiling museums, or listen to artists talk about finding your muse. Chaeryeong enjoys all that.

But Yeji, she likes to be operative and running. She likes to play sports - use physical force, and body coordination, and get hurt while at it. She likes to be up and running, kicking balls and shooting guns on ranges. She likes going out in clubs, meeting people, and feeling alive.

Despite these differences, she found comfort. And, honestly, a home in Chaeryeong.

Yeji grew up with no one. Not even her parents, because they have always been away on some business trips, or important meetings. So when she met Chaeryeong in middle school and discovered the feeling of being cared for and appreciated for what she is, she held onto her like a necessity.