Chapter 13: Feast of Feasts Part 2

Mulai dari awal

"Aunties, Sabrina! I'm home and I found the..."

"D!" Sabrina exclaimed bumping into her. "You care about Prudence right?"

Cordelia frowned at the random question. "I.. Uh.."

"Of course you do! I need your help, I suspect there's foul play with this whole Queen of Feasts thing and I'm going to need your help to get her to listen. I wasted this whole day trying to convince her."

"But I..."

"I'll explain everything to you on the way to the Academy." she interjected again, as she dragged her cousin to the door she just entered.

On the way to the Academy, her cousin told her everything about her findings. With regards to Prudence possibly being Father Blackwood's daughter and Lady Blackwood trying to get rid of her.

And Cordelia was sad to admit, but everything seemed to connect.

Still being dragged by her cousin they met the weird sisters as they fitted in Prudence in her feast dress.

Admiring her beauty, Cordelia stayed behind her outspoken cousin.

"Prudence, we need to talk to you."

"I'm being fitted for my Feast Day dress."

"It was premature of me to accuse
Father Blackwood of having an agenda when he choose you as queen."

The queen of feast sighed out. "Finally. You've come..."

"Instead, I think it might be Lady Blackwood who wants you dead."

"What a blasphemous creature you are."

"You said Father Blackwood treats you
like a daughter. Is it possible you actually are his daughter?"

At that, Dorcas and Agatha glanced at each other, from where they were working on her dress.

"Because if you were, Lady Blackwood would see you as a threat."

"Have you completely lost your mind?"

"Maybe. But why does Father Blackwood take care of you?"

"Because he's charitable."

Cordelia couldn't help but loudly scoff at that.

"Anything you'd like to add Cordelia?" the short-haired witch asked sardonically, with a challenging eyebrow. "Do you agree with your cousin's ridiculous notions?"

"Prudence...think about it. Father Blackwood doesn't do anything that wouldn't benefit him in some way. That's why all these years he's been taking particularly good care of you, keeping you close...because some egotistical self-absorbed part of him, cares for you, because you are his kin."

Tears forming in the short-haired witch's eyes, she chuckled in disbelief.

"Exactly... and if you were Father Blackwood's daughter, you could one day lay claim to the Church of Night, this school, everything, but you'd have to get rid of his legitimate heirs first." Sabrina continued.

"Stop this. Please, stop this."

"Sabrina..." Cordelia tried to stop her cousin, seeing Prudence getting emotional.

"If Lady Blackwood had it out for you,
wouldn't it be convenient for her if you were sacrificed at the Feast of Feasts?"

"For the last time..." the witch gritted out. "...it is the Dark Lord's will that I am to be queen."

"What if it's the will of a witch? Of a pregnant witch with a grudge against you and your sisters? I just left her at my house. She was ranting about how you're plotting against her, and how she needed to hurt you before you could hurt her."