𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐢𝐢. 𝘧𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

Start from the beginning

"Now I know that to be true —"

 Emilia and Peter turned in time, and there, lingering in the doorway was Stephen Strange still draped in his robes and cloak — actually, the cloak very swiftly departed his shoulders and settled upon Emilia's, seemingly delighting in the way she gently smoothed the fabric.

 Emilia couldn't quite describe how it felt to see him there. It always seemed to grab ahold of her, dazing her as though she was suspended within a dream. She'd wanted and waited for him to come home for so long when he'd been taken away from her... now, with every time he trailed into a room, or wrapped his arms around her middle... every time he kissed her cheek and woke her with tea, it didn't quite feel real.

 Emilia hopped from her stool, very swiftly registering the way Peter bolted to his feet as though he really was still just a kid in the presence of a hero. He was adorable.

 "How'd it go?" Emilia said, her voice as light as a feather, while her fingertips took ahold of his chin to bring their lips together just once.

 Stephen almost pulled away, but the urge to keep up appearances in front of Peter would never trump the tooth-rotting sweetness upon Emilia's lips. He hummed, "Fine... Though I could have done without a bunch of garden gnomes trying to kill me."

Emilia stepped back, cheeks flooding with air. She did her utmost not to laugh at that familiar look of disgruntlement, "Garden gnomes?"

 "Dozens of them, cursed."

 "How very... odd."

 Stephen then seemed to snap out of his stupor. Eyes flicked over Emilia's shoulder to Peter. He stood there like a bump on a log, suddenly twitchy and uncomfortable... Clearly Stephen Strange still intimidated him.

 "Peter." Stephen nodded in acknowledgement. He waited a moment for Peter's awkward little grin to appear and the kid waved his fingers. Nothing seemed out of place, nothing to worry about, at least... after all, it wasn't just Emilia who had vowed to do what she could for the boy. Stephen had too... only his words had been silent, internal and never to be uttered.

 His choice was to let Tony sacrifice himself, so it only felt right to keep an eye on those left behind.

 Stephen glanced between the two, "Everything alright?"

 Emilia nodded, "Just telling a few stories."

 "I hope none are about me."

 "No, sir —" Peter swiftly spoke, only to be smothered by Emilia.

 "— Actually, I was just about to tell him about that time —"

Stephen pulled her closer, waiting until her words were so muffled by his own chest, that neither he nor Peter could understand a single thing she was saying.

 Emilia grinned, relenting as her words came to a close. She peered at Peter, "Aren't you supposed to be meeting MJ? At three?"

 She glanced at the ancient clock on the wall, watching as the second's hand continued to tick away... it was already ten too.

 "Oh, man!" Peter whined, swiping up his backpack.

 "Tell her I say hi, and that I still want to meet her."

 Peter's cheeks were pink and suddenly very warm. Emilia had brought MJ up once or twice now during the times he'd swing by. She was insistent.

 Peter swung his rucksack over his shoulder, scrambling when books toppled from the open zipper while his plaid button-up bunched beneath the fraying strap, "I promise... soon. Maybe."

 "I'm holding you to that."

 Stephen jutted his head towards the door, "Go on, escape while you can. I fear she might follow you otherwise."

 "Thank you, Sir."

 He was gone in a heartbeat, leaving only the door to slam shut behind him.

 Emilia twisted and turned, weaselling her way from Stephen's arms. For a moment, she missed the warmth, and then she let out a breath flooded with amusement.

 Stephen's brow climbed his forehead, "What?"

 "He calls you sir."

 "So?"

 "You intimidate him."

 "No, I don't."

 Emilia sighed almost wistfully, stray fingers brushing his shoulder as she trailed onwards, "Sure, Stephen."

━━━━━━━

DATE: 18/04/2023

:・゚★ ah... the beginnings of our beloved parents Stemilia. you better believe these two will do anything for their children (Peter and America)

please remember to leave feedback & comments. i require a certain number of comments before i publish the next update. please give me a follow to keep updated and receive sneak peeks! do not leave 'update' comments, you will be muted.

 please give me a follow to keep updated and receive sneak peeks! do not leave 'update' comments, you will be muted