𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 — i could have saved you

━━━━━━━

 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 were no longer the same team the word had once come to recognise; they still did the very thing they had always set out to do — help.

 The Snap had caused an avalanche of catastrophes; people disappearing in the midst of car journeys had resulted in disastrous crashes. Helicopters and planes had fallen from the sky and collided with buildings; they had blown up and caused an outburst of untamable fires.

 Doctors, nurses, police officers and firefighters had been halved; death rates had skyrocketed, petty crimes were at an all-time high and fires had eaten away at homes and stores leaving nothing but char and smog behind.

 Children had lost their parents, watching with wide and uncertain eyes as mothers, fathers and guardians fell to their feet in a pile of ashes with nobody left to care for them; social workers did their best, but with so few staff, not everyone could be saved.

 Towns and villages that had already been struggling to provide for themselves had fallen further into poverty with such a lack of people to farm their resources. Countries had abandoned borders and political parties had fallen into utter chaos.

 The Avengers, or what was left of them — Carol Danvers, Rhodey, Natasha, Rocket, Nebula, Okoye and Steve — met with every mission; each hero would be given a place that had sparked a warning and took to solving whatever issue had arisen. It wasn't enough, and they simply didn't have the time to help and solve the 'smaller' issues.

 People had lost their homes due to the spontaneous crashes and outbreaks of blistering flames but the Avengers couldn't spare a hero to rebuild a single home. Natasha had frequented the cabin, checking in on Tony, Pepper and Morgan, as well as Emilia. The former Assassin had asked for Emilia's help and yet she had declined with a shake of her head.

 That wasn't to say that Emilia hadn't been helping people. The physicist-turned-super-powered being had taken to her own means of providing people with help; smaller countries that had never received the benefits of the Avengers, or any benefits at all, were where Emilia focused her efforts.

 She would slide her fingers into a sling-ring and portal to towns that had always been run down and dilapidated. Her hometown, for example. The small seaside village in which Emilia had been born and raised until her departure for America had always struggled with resources.

 Food had always been scarce, and what they did have was grown by the villagers themselves; all love and care poured into the dry soil where fruits and vegetables struggled to grow.

 Tony had joined her, and with the two of them working together whilst the villagers stood in awe, moisture was returned to the cracked soil thanks to the portals Emilia had summoned beneath the seawater, and homes had been restored with the help of Tony's suit welding metals together. Holes had been patched, doors and windows restored; the occupants couldn't have been more thankful as they plied the two heroes with what little they had to offer as a means of thanks.