𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 — give the air a break

━━━━━━━

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒 were, as usual, filled with students. Some were punching and kicking towards their opponent, others held up their hands in defence, and those more advanced twirled weapons of amber sparks and conjured glistening shields with intricate patterns.

 Mordo stood to the centre of the grounds, a bamboo stick held in one hand whilst his other rested upon his hip. He often surveyed practices and took such moments as an opportunity to teach; correcting stances, offering advice or perhaps shouting words of encouragement.

 No matter the student, and no matter their level, they each knew they were in safe hands when Karl Mordo was around; and many of said students purposely lingered on the cobblestone grounds awaiting fights between the Master, and Emilia.

 Emilia's abilities struck awe and curiosity within many of the students; each wanted to know more and to see more, thus, those who stuck around held hopes that one day Emilia would use her abilities to defend herself from Mordo's persistent attacks.

 It hadn't happened thus far; Emilia trusted her body far more than her powers and so punches and kicks were thrown towards the master, each just as strong as the last. She had been relentless in her training, pushing her body to limits she hadn't known to exist.

 Perhaps the relentless training was a way for Emilia to forget the power she held, but even so, it offered her weary mind solace, and it gave her a target she knew she could reach.

 With confidence, Emilia, followed by Stephen, stepped outside, silently closing the sliding door behind them.

 Stephen surveyed the scene before him, multitudes of fights and yells... Even laughter as various students landed on the ground in a heap. With a short look that seemingly portrayed hesitance, Stephen looked to Emilia, "And you fighting against Mordo? Isn't he a master?"

 Emilia, as ever, laughed his comment away and tapped at her biceps; ones that despite her short form, certainly held a large amount of muscle, "He is a master, but that doesn't mean I can't put him on the ground."

 "Now that, I'd love to see."

 "Then watch carefully," Emilia responded as she nudged his side and trailed towards the master who swiftly threw the stick of bamboo at Emilia.

 Without a moment of hesitance, Emilia's hand had shot upwards, plucking the stick from the air without issue, "You won't catch me off guard again."

 Mordo laughed, his hands falling to his waist to tighten the ropes of his robe. He could easily recall his first sparring session with the woman before him; how sloppy her punches had been, how she'd barely been able to lift a leg high enough in the air, and how the pole had struck the side of her face when he had thrown it.