chapter 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

"$4 million dollars!"

Brian scoffed as Roger paced away, pinching his forehead as Deacy acknowledged, "That's more than any Queen deal."

"Look, the routine is killing us. I mean, you must all want a break from all the arguments," Freddie tried. "I mean, whose songs gets on the album, whose song's the single, who wrote what, who gets a bigger slice of the royalties, what's on the B-side, all of it. You must need a break."

"Freddie, we're a family," Brian said.

"No, we're not! We're not a family!" the singer objected with a glare. "You've got families, children, wives. What have I got?"

"You've got $4 million dollars. Perhaps you can buy yourself a family," Deacy shrugged.

"I won't compromise my vision any longer."

"Compromise?" Roger questioned. "Are you joking? You were working at Heathrow before we gave you a chance."

Freddie turned, shooting daggers at his three best friends. "And without me... you- you'd be a dentist drumming 12/8-time blues at the weekend at the Crown and Anchor," he spat, before looking down at Brian. "And you. Well, you would be Dr. Brian May, author of the fascinating dissertation on the cosmos that no one ever reads. And Deacy... for the life of me... nothing comes to mind."

Deacy pursed his lips, informing, "I studied electrical engineering. Does that meet your standard?"

Freddie smiled, though it was pained. "It's perfect."

He stubbed his cigarette, walking past Roger, who turned and snapped, "You just killed Queen."

"Oh, give it a kiss one day

"Oh, give it a kiss one day. She might wake up."

"You need us, Freddie," Brian said. "More then you know."

"I don't need anyone," he denied. Freddie left the room, leaving the band to sit there in silence, as Paul followed, patting Roger's shoulder as he passed. The drummer shoved it away, and the three watched as their friend left them.

📍𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙷, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟺

It had been a few months since Freddie had abandoned Queen, and all his old friends with it. Although the band was only labeled to be on hiatus to the public, both the boys and Freddie felt that they were fully finished with Queen.

The singer had brought a new house, away from the city and all the publicity stunts and tabloids. But he would never admit it to them, if he ever saw them again, but he felt his heart ache when he thought of the band and the girls.

He also found great melancholy in the thought of Rufus. The boy had grown to be six years old, soon turning seven within a matter of three months. With the foggy image of your son in mind, his thoughts slowly swirled until they circled the memory of his best friend.