chapter 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

ᵍʳᵒᵘᵖⁱᵉ

˚₊‧꒰ა 🎤 ‧₊˚

[ killer queen ]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐝.

Deacon and Brian had spilled all the information to you, often discussing possible mark-ups and loopholes they may have missed out on. They came to you in these desperate times, for you were a desperate measure. Freddie and the boys had dubbed you their unofficial lawyer of some sorts, but you knew that they were going to need someone with more experience in the field due to their rising fame. 

You and Mary, escorted by the band and a man named Paul Prenter, made your way into the BBC studio. Mary was decked out in all oranges and red, perfectly contrasting with her fiery hair, whilst you opted for green leather high-waisted pants and jewelry, as well as a dark brown bell-sleeve top and black boots.

 Mary was decked out in all oranges and red, perfectly contrasting with her fiery hair, whilst you opted for green leather high-waisted pants and jewelry, as well as a dark brown bell-sleeve top and black boots

The boys had fanned out to their respective instruments, Brian and Roger leading you over to the drum set and vast collection of guitars. You found yourself watching Paul, eyes squinted in thought as you watched him argue with one of the directors, "Listen, I understand. I understand that it's the policy of the BBC."

Roger banged his drumstick on the ride cymbal, receiving a dull thud. "This is shit!" he huffed, shaking his head. 

"Quiet down, Rog," you muttered, continuing to watch Paul. 

"Oh, don't bloody tell me," he scoffed. "Eyes on the assistant?"

You turned around with a glare, hands going to your hips. "Get your head out of your arse for one minute," you sneered, earning a chuckle from Brian. 

"What's the matter?" the guitarist asked you. 

You shook your head, eyes remaining on Paul. "I... I don't know. I just have a bad feeling about him. Can't shake it."

"You got that too?" You looked over to Brian, nodding your head quickly. "Your gut feelings have gotten us out of some sticky situations. Glad to know we're on the same page."

You chuckled, nodding once again when you heard the leech, "I need you to explain it to the band, please! Freddie, boys," he called. 

"Look, chaps, it is going to be playback," the director informed. "Lip sync is all that's required."