Hanahaki- Hanako

Pp

When I tell you I had to take multiple breaks while writing this just cuz I was cringing at myself so hard-

⚠️ Blood, a bit of angst (?), Super bad not good very terrible ⚠️

---

Hanako giggled whilst teasing and flirting with Nene. It wasn't new and it most certainly didn't make you jealous in any way. Despite your feelings for Hanako, you didn't resent Nene or feel hurt by their relationship, if you could call it one. You just felt calm and had come to accept your feelings and your fate. You bit back another coughing fit and decided to find something else to focus on.

•••

"Oh, [Name], what's that?"

You flinched slightly as Hanako leaned over you from behind, jumping up and down slightly. You giggled and moved your head to show him what you were doing on your phone.

"Hm? That looks cool! Lemme try!" Hanako then proceeded to yoink your phone and tap on random icons, his face morphing from one of curiosity to one of confusion. You struggled to reach his floating form, even balancing on the toilet for support.

"Eh? What's watt... pad? Some kind of period tracking app? Bleh." Hanako threw your phone back down to you.

You snatched it back, fuming. "You're dead, Hanako! Hands off my things!"

"Already am."

You seethed and threw a dirty rag at him, earning a giggle from Nene. You paused and  smiled back, only to be interrupted by a wave of coughs.

She rushed to your side, patting your back as you were bent over the sink and coughing hysterically. Hanako rushed to your side, holding back a few strands of your hair.

"Oh God! [Name], are you okay?" Nene exclaimed, repeatedly patting your back. She gasped when she peered over to see yellow petals coated in blood. Hanako raised a brow at the mess in the sink, examining it carefully.

You cleared your throat and nodded slowly. You blinked away the tears forming in your eyes and turned on the water for the sink, washing away the petals and blood. You grabbed a towel and wiped your whole face, then tossing it to the trash.

"I-I'm good, don't worry. Uh, my mom's calling me. Gotta go bye!" Your voice was raspy but you didn't care. You lied and ran out of the bathroom, forgetting your things.

"Wh- [Name]! [Name], you forgot your-"

"I'll go tell them. Stay here, Nene." Hanako set an arm before Nene. She nodded meakly, feeling guilty she couldn't do anything to help her friend.

Hanako began looking for you, wandering the halls in a slight frenzy.

"[Name]!? [Name]! Where are you?" He called out, frantically floating through the halls.

When he found you, you were curled up behind a teacher's desk in an empty classroom. Tears were streaming down your face and dampening your clothes as your sleeves bled red with blood from how much you'd coughed up in those five minutes.