"Sissy?"

"Yes?" My voice came out just as hoarse as Ron's.

"Does that say...?"

"Yep." I gulped.

"What's up with you two?" Fred snatched the letter that captivated us from Ron's hands and read it for himself, his expression falling into the same one of shock. "Prefect?!" George snatched the envelope from Ron's grasp and flipped it, a gold and scarlet badge falling to the floor. "Prefect?!"

"No way."

"A mistake!" George and Fred both stared at the letter before turning to Harry at the same time. "We thought you were a cert! That Dumbledore was bound to pick you! Winning the tournament and all!" They said at the same time.

"Well, 'spose he causes too much trouble." Fred said to George.

"Oh, mum's going to be revolting." George groaned as the both walked towards Harry.

Ron and I still hadn't budged from the surprise. Ron instead held the pin in front of my face as if he waited for my confirmation that it was real. A large P sat over the Gryffindor lion like the badge Percy had worn during his years. Harry took it from my fingers and stared down at it as well for a moment.

Hermione barreled into the room, hair disheveled and face flushed. She made way to Harry as well, and gripped his shoulders like she needed the support. "Did you- Did you get-?" Her wild eyes found the badge. "I knew it!" She squealed, just as I had finally turned to over my shoulder to face Ron.

"This is great, Ronnie!" My voice rang out at the same time as Hermione's, my arms linking around his taunt neck. "My little Prefect! They grow so fast!" I wiped away a fake tear and pinched his burning cheek. "Now you can keep me from ever getting in trouble!" I chuckled.

"What?" Hermione's shock was soft and quiet as she let go of Harry.

"Ron's prefect, not me." Harry explained.

"Ron?" Hermione's jaw dropped like the rest of us. "Are you sure?"

"It's my name on the letter." Ron said defiantly. Hermione looked bewildered.

"I- well... Wow! Well done, Ron." Mrs. Weasley saved Hermione from continuing as she backed into the room, carrying a fresh load of laundry.

"I can run to Diagon Alley this afternoon to collect everyone's books while you lot pack." She started sorting through Ron's robes. "Ron, you've had to have grown at least 6 inches— look at these pajamas! They won't do. I'll get a few new sets-"

"Get him red and gold to match that badge of his." George snickered.

"His what?" Molly absentmindedly rolled Ron's socks.

"His lovely shiny new prefect's badge." Fred chuckled. Molly stopped in her tracks and looked at Ron that still sat behind my back with his arms wrapped over my shoulders. I think he was just using me as a shield at this point... Ron held the badge up and Molly let out a shriek.

"I don't believe it! How wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!" Molly engulfed Ron and I into her suffocating arms, despite his efforts to use me to avoid this hug.