They have a nightmare

𝕊𝕚𝕩

She sits up fast, panting.

At first, she doesn't want to talk, but then she breaks down, telling you about her nightmare.

𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕠

Starts crying in his sleep, and squeezing you tighter until it's actively painful.

You wake him up to ask him what happened, only for him to start bawling.

He's not actually sure what his nightmare was about, but he's glad it's over.

𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

He wakes up and doesn't want to wake you up, so he leaves the bed and goes to cuddle a nome.

You wake up ten minutes after,sensing he's not beside you. You sit down beside him once you find him.

You two just stay there for a bit.

𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

She jumps awake, startled.

You woke up from her jolting, so she knows she needs to tell you what happened.

After getting her to calm down a bit, she tells you about her bad dream.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕕𝕪

She up with a sharp inhale.

She quickly looks around for you.

Seeing you next to her, she immediately calms down, pulls you close to her, and goes back to sleep.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕟

Woke up crying, but he can't remember the nightmare.

You two lay back down, you holding him close, and tracing shapes on his back until he falls back asleep.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣

She has frequent night terrors so it's not uncommon for her to wake up randomly throughout the night.

Simply reassure her that you're right beside her and she'll be fine.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕚𝕟 ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕟/𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤

They all have their own ways of calming down, but just you being next to them calms them down.

Some have night terrors, some don't, and a few of them have never had a nightmare.
(lucky bastards)