Chapter 4 - The Force Awakens

"We'll use the charges to blow that blast door. I'll go in and draw fire, but I'm gonna need cover." Finn explains. Aurora stands with Chewie, both of them holding their blasters ready and facing the door.

"You sure you're up for this?" Han asks.

"Hell, no. I'll go in and try to find Rey. The troopers will be on our tail. We have to be ready for that. There's an access tunnel that leads-" He replies. He trails off as Han juts his chin over Finn's shoulder. "Why are you doing that? Hmm? Why are you doing this? I'm trying to come up with a plan." 

Aurora glances over her shoulder and rolls her eyes. She spots a girl climbing up the other side of the wall through the window. She walks towards the two and grabs Finn's arm, turning him around. She points at the girl, raising her brow at him.

He chuckles and moves forward, leading the way around the halls towards her.

***

The group rounds the corner and jump, coming face to face with Rey.

"You all right?" Han asks.

"Yeah." She replies.

"Good." He tells her and walks off to look around. Chewie keeps an eye out for stormtroopers, keeping his crossbow at the ready.

"What happened to you? Did he hurt you?" Finn asks.

"Finn, what are you doing here? And who's she?" Rey asks, gesturing towards Aurora.

"I'm Aurora." She explains, winking and holding her hand out. Rey shakes it, turning her attention to Finn.

"We came back for you." He answers. Chewie growls and Aurora smiles, happy that Chewie's as awesome as her father told her. "What'd he say?"

"That it was your idea." Rey says. She hugs Finn, thankful to have a friend who cares enough to come back to her. "Thank you." She says. 

"How did you get away?" Finn asks.

"I can't explain it. And you wouldn't believe it." She replies.

"Escape now, hug later." Han interrupts.

"You really are as grumpy as Dad said." Aurora says, laughing. He rolls his eyes and leads the way, muttering under his breath about getting back at Lando.

***

The group runs across the snow and Aurora looks up at the ships flying overhead. She gasps when one of the Resistance ships crash in front of them.

"They're in trouble. We can't leave. My friend's got a bag full of explosives. Let's use them." He tells them. 

Aurora chuckles, his idea reinforcing her belief that Han is sort of crazy.

***

Aurora leads the way inside but lets the other two pass her as she glances outside, ensuring that possible patrols didn't spot them. Once she's sure they weren't seen, she peeks over their shoulders to look inside the control panel. Rey reaches inside and yanks a piece out.

"There. They should be able to get inside now." She says.

"Let's go." Aurora says. The two nod and they run back outside, Finn giving Rey his new jacket to wear. They spot the sun almost gone and rush to the ladder. "Hurry. I want use to be there to cover them." She tells them.

The trio enter the door and stop at the edge of the railing, spotting Han approaching Kylo Ren on the walkway below. Aurora tightens her grip on her blaster, a bad feeling in her gut.

"Take off that mask. You don't need it." Han says.

"What do you think you'll see if I do?" He asks.

"The face of my son." He replies. Aurora gasps, having forgotten that Ben was Kylo Ren. Her thoughts drift to her father for a moment, wondering if he knows.

Ren removes his helmet and Aurora stifles a gasp. She shakes her head, knowing now is not the time to deal with her immediate attraction.

"Your son is gone. He was weak and foolish like his father. So I destroyed him." He explains.

"That's what Snoke wants you to believe. But it's not true. My son is alive." Han replies as he moves closer. Aurora watches, hoping that Han can get through to his son even when the bad feeling persists.

"No. The Supreme Leader is wise." He argues.

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you." He says, stopping in front of his son. Ren takes a step back, keeping some distance between them. "You know it's true."

"It's too late." He replies, staring at his father.

"No, it's not." Han says. "Leave here with me. Come home. We miss you." He continues.

"I'm being torn apart. I want to be free of this pain." Ben says, his voice breaking. He's quiet for a moment, getting his emotion under control and keeping his gaze on his father. "I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it. Will you help me?"

"Yes. Anything." He says, taking another step closer to his son. He drops his helmet before removing his lightsaber from his hip, holding it between them. Han places his hand on the weapon at the same time as the rest of the sun is absorbed by Starkiller.

"No!" Aurora and Rey scream as Ren activates his lightsaber, stabbing through Han. Chewie roars from somewhere below. Aurora gasps, crying as she stares at her father's best friend and his son.

"Thank you." He says before pulling his lightsaber free. Aurora shakes her head, crying as she watches. Han rests his hand on the side of Ren's face before he falls over the side of the walkway.

Below, Chewie roars again before lifting his crossbow and firing. It hits Ren's side, and he drops to a knee. He begins firing at the stormtroopers as they shoot at him, Rey and Finn joining in. Aurora stares at Ren, unable to look away from him.

Chewie detonates the charges, pulling her from her trance. She takes a deep breath, wiping the tears from her face before grabbing Finn and Rey's arms.

"We have to get back to the Falcon." She tells them, glancing back at Ren. They make eye contact, and she freezes, unable to look away again. Rey and Finn tug on her arms and she snaps out of it, following them outside.