XXXVII. LAST NIGHT ALIVE

Start from the beginning

Tk and Max made a deal that they would take turns, since vecna relies on emotions they would basically say how they feel and then see if he picks one of them. Max volunteered to go first much to Tk's dismay.

Tk walks up to Lucas and pulls him into a short kiss, lucas hardly had time to react before Tk was pulling away. "just in case, I don't get to do that again. I love you, Lucas" Tk then went to go sit next to max.

The worst part is Lucas should not even tell him he loved him back since he couldn't speak.

as Max rants Tk holds her hand the whole time making sure she knows that he was there for her no matter what and Max holds it back tightly. "I thought about what you said. about how I wanted my brother to die. I thought that you were just trying to upset me. to anger me. but you weren't, were you? you were just telling me the truth. Billy, he made my life living hell. every chance he got. so sometimes... when I would lie in bed at night, I would... I would pray... I would pray that something would happen to him. something awful. I knew that he drove too fast, so I would imagine him crashing. dying in that stupid car. I just... I wanted him out of my life. forever. I wanted him to disappear. the day that he died... I think that's why I just stood there. watched. not because I was scared or... weak. but because... I didn't know if he deserved to be saved. and I've tried to forgive myself. I've tried, but... I can't. I can't. so now... now, when I lie in bed at night... I pray that something bad will happen to me. that something terrible will happen to me. So that's why I'm here. because... I just want you to take me away. and I want you... to make me disappear"

suddenly max's hold on his hand drops and that's when he knows something is terribly wrong. Tk looks up at her face and her eyes are glossed over, she's not moving. she's in a trance-like state. seems like vecna has chosen his final victim.

"max? Can you hear me?" Tk waves his hand in her face and his voice grabs Lucas's attention. They both try to wake her up and out of the trance but it did nothing.

Lucas went to sign to Erica that it was time for phase three. Tk knew that one of them getting cursed was part of the plan but he never thought vecna would have chosen max as his last victim. He honestly thought it would be him so he wasn't worried but now that she is in this state he couldn't help but think about the what-ifs.

What if she doesn't wake up? What if she gets stuck like that? what if they kill venca and she dies anyway? it would all be for nothing. the others better pull their weight and get this over with. He needed her to be okay and come back safe.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tk is sitting next to max, she's still under vecna's curse. "Luke, signal Erica again. this is taking way too damn long" Tk tells him and Lucas goes to do just that.

but then they heard the floorboards creaking and footsteps, someone was coming up the stairs. Both of them turn around to see Jason Carver walking toward max.

"Jason? you can't be here right now, man" Lucas tries to reason with him but he's not paying attention.

"What the hell have you done?" Jason asks as he gets closer to max.

"Jason. you need to leave" Lucas says slowly as he starts to approach him, careful not to make any sudden moves to scare Jason into doing something stupid.

"Is this what you did to Chrissy?" he questions.

Tk is quick to defend his boy. "He didn't do that!"

Jason tries to get Max to wake up and Lucas is still approaching him trying to get him to leave. Jason goes to touch her but that's where Tk steps in and shoves his hand away from her. "don't touch her"