8 - Villain

4 years later

Age 16

———

Who needs a hero? Not you. You escaped and were on the run after four years of torture. Instead of following the stereotypical anti-hero archetype you became a villain. And a damn good one at that. Using your "enhancements" and skills with tech, you operated under the alias of Nightmare. 

True to your name, you became the most dangerous villain in the world. Not because of your strength or power, but because of your undetectability. No one could find you. Not unless you wanted them to. Using the AI that you created, which you named Bat, you left no tracks. 

Your only ally was Deianara, a sweet girl who knew nothing of what was going on. You only kept her around because she had nowhere else to go. Younger than you, she was a kind 12 year old with beautiful brown hair and brilliant hazel eyes. She wasn't exactly cut out to be a villain, but she was good at covering up your steps. She was the only thing you truly cared for in this crooked world.

You specialized in assassination and blackmail due to previous training. You didn't want a flashy throne, you wanted an army of puppets. The ruler is not a title, it is a power.

After all, why live in a world when you can rule it?