𝟒𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 & 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

".....Agree with him or not, there's no denying our Priest is a man of principle. Which of course leads me to wonder, if he's so unwilling to talk......what in heaven's name do you imagine he's putting above the fate of humanity?"

Everyone soon falls silent for a moment, while processing everything just now that's been said. Everything was confusing, and many are questioning what was so important, that even this Priest would die for? Troubling as it may seem, Hanji still had many questions on the stone fragment in hand.

Levi seems to notice at a side glance, before leaning forward slightly.

"Hey four eyes, since when were you a genealogist?" Levi questions, curiosity as to why they are holding onto such a small piece. "Or rocks are just that fascinating? Looks like you're about to drool."

Hanji shifts their eyes are a moment in a daze, "What, this? It's not a rock," gesturing it in full view, for everyone to see. "Not an ordinary one anyway, it's a harden piece of skin, left behind by the female titan."

Armin gasps in shock, "It didn't vanish?!"

Hanji jumps with enthusiasm, "No! This random fragment broke off, when Annie reverted back to her human form....!" they explain, feeling excited to express their little knowledge with someone that had the same curiosity as they did. "....it didn't evaporate, didn't simply go poof! So that got me thinking, and when I compared it with the sliver of the wall, it's texture and composition were for all in tense and purposes, virtually they're identical! In other words, we are barricaded of enormous titans!..."

The scientist felt more openly to their assumption, with less material to work with.

"...if my hypothesis is correct, the surface was constructed using consolidated titan skin," Hanji concludes, 

The young children's faces were in shock, "You're kidding me, that's what Armin was trying to say," Mikasa spoke up, but at that moment Armin finally realises something.

"Wait...s-so then--"

Before he could rain on Hanji's parade, the Scientist slams a hand over his mouth forcefully.

"Easy! It's rude to steal someone else's thunder!" They playfully scold him. "As it stands, we'd be hard pressed to find a rock, big enough to plug wall Rose. It had to be just the right shape and size, and we don't have specifics yet.....but on the other hand, where there's a will....there's a way. Picture Eren utilising his hardening ability while in titan form."

Hanji's releases Armin, when Eren's eyes widen in realisation with a shaky breath.

"I could, patch the hole," He recognises that he's capable in doing so, seeing that he could be useful to everyone, especially after their defeat.

"This sealage could be composed by the same material," Hanji further explains. "The harden bit won't dissolve once you've transformed back, this might be less of long shot than it sounds.....Thoughts?"

The three kids stare in shock for a moment, when Armin's face softens in response.

"Well, I think it's definitely a gamble worth taking," Armin admits. "If we can manage to seal up Wall Rose, Wall Maria starts to look rather promising. Vital as it is, the infrastructure slows us down to a crawl. The time and resources needed to transport materials are immense....."

Everyone keeps listening to his explanation.

"......but, if supply wagons don't have to be accommodated, we can make our way to Shiganshina much faster," he continues. "And what if we decided to carry out our plan in the dead of night?"

Hanji slight gasps, "Night?"

Armin nods, "Yes, when the titans are effectively motionless," he firmly states, making Hanji interested by this suggestion and hypothesis.