Chapter /1/

P.S. If it's in italics (like this), then it's a throwback, to the past. Just a heads up in case we get confused☺️

*many years ago*

"Mama, tell Imad to give me back my pencils." A young girl of about ten years old ran into the kitchen to complain to her mother about her twin brother.

Her mother that was making them breakfast despite the house helps because her kids love her food, turned to look at her daughter.

The girl was dressed in her school uniform, an armless dark blue dress lengthened to a little beneath her knees with a long-sleeved light blue shirt under the dress. The khimar(small hijab) was the same color as her uniform. She had her socks, shoe on, and everything.

The girl was pouting as she waits for her mother to answer her.

Her mom smiled. "Ba gaisuwa?; you won't greet me?" She asked her daughter.

"Sorry mama. Ina kwana?" She quickly greeted as she kicked the floor with her left foot, cheekily.

"Lafiya lau. Where's the Imad?" The woman asked.

"He's in our room." She answered. She and her twin brother shared a room although they have plans of moving Imad to his brother's room very soon as they both were growing and it's not ideal for them to share a room even though Nusaiba, their maid stayed with them.

"Nusaiba, come and finish this." Mama said and the said Nusaiba, a sixteen-year-old girl did as she was told.

Her mom held her hand and together, they went out of the kitchen to the direction of their room which was upstairs and two doors away from their parents' room.

Opening the door, they were met with Imad, who was playing on his iPad, his uniform trouser on him but his shirt was absent and so was his shoes and everything else. he was clearly the rougher twin.

"Imad, why aren't you ready yet?" Their mom questioned as she walked into the room fully with Yasmin's hand still clutched to hers.

"I'm ready, Mama. Kaya kawai zansa; it just remained for me to put on clothes." He explained.

"What are you waiting for then?" A tug from her daughter reminded her why she was there in the first place. "And where's her pencil pack?"

He rolled his eyes at his sister for outing him out. "Here." He said and gave her back her pencils.

"Thank you." She said and gave him a quick side hug.

"Imad, when you're done, call Ahmad to come down for breakfast yeah?" Their mom said as she picked up some clothes that Imad scattered on his bed and began folding them.

When she finished, she turned to her daughter that was on her bed."Do you want to wait with me downstairs?" Mama asked the 10-year-old girl.

"No, I'll wait for Imad." The girl declined.

"Okay." Their mother said and went out.

"Imad, I'm still getting that dizziness." She said as she sat on her brother's bed. He had just worn his shirt and he was buttoning it, messing up a button as he goes. He was ten after all.

"Have you told Mama?" He asked as he finished the last button.

She shook her head in negative.

She had told him a handful of times when they were playing that she would get dizzy.

"Ai kadan ne. Besides, I'm a big girl." She boasted.