some more little drabbles

hi muppets happy wednesday!! just realized i never posted these here lol oops

these are some more short things from an ask game i did on tumblr, which was 'send me a song lyric and a ship and i'll write something with it!'

they aren't all plastics related, but i'm posting them as a group just for organization's sake. y'all can just skip around anything you don't want to read :) also i've decided to put anything with just karen/regina, gretchen/karen or gretchen/regina here as well just to keep things tidy.

trigger warnings, ships, and prompts are with each individual drabble.

enjoy!

—-

prompt from anonymous: "if there's a prize for rotten judgment, I guess I've already won that".  regina x gretchen pretty please 🙏
tw for mentioned outing and mental health discussion things and mild fatphobia

It's entirely possible that Gretchen Wieners has the worst judgement in the entire world.

Well, okay, it's not like she chose to become friends with Regina George. And then best friends. And then fall madly in love with her. It just... happened.

But it clearly didn't for Regina.

She sent Cady a candy cane? Thanking her for being such a great best friend?

And Gretchen didn't get anything? Regina didn't even look at her this morning.

She hates herself for it, but Gretchen snarls at a group of freshmen in the bathroom during her study hall. They leave in a panic, knowing she still has a serious in with the queen of the school.

In actuality, Gretchen just didn't want them to see her break down.

She drops her designer bag on the revolting floor and manages to hoist her way up onto the ledge by the window. It's snowing lightly. Gretchen's tears flutter down her cheeks as the snow does the same in the courtyard outside.

She knows she should be in study hall. She has got to study for her algebra midterm. She would've gone to Cady, but... she's not sure now.

"Go away," she grumbles when she hears the door creak open.

"Gretch?"

"Shit," Gretchen hisses, whirling her way down and into a stall before Regina can see her. She makes her voice higher and squeakier before she says, "No. She's not here."

"I recognize your bag, Gretchen," Regina replies. "Ew, are you crying?"

"No!" Gretchen insists hastily. She unlocks the door and holds her hands out to her sides so Regina can see she's definitely not crying. "See? I-I'm totally fine!"

"No, you're not," Regina replies, almost gently. "Did someone say something? I swear to god if-"

"No, Regina," Gretchen says. "Really. It's fine. I have to go, I'm late for study hall."

"Well then why the hell are you crying?" Regina calls as Gretchen grabs her bag and tries to rush out the door.

"Why don't you ask your best friend?" Gretchen gripes under her breath.

"What are you talking about?" Regina asks in exasperation. Gretchen whirls around and stalks over to her.

"You sent Cady a candy cane? Cady?! We've known her for three months! And now she's... she's your best friend?" Gretchen says. Don't cry now, not in front of Regina, no, stop it, stupid-