"I don't want to go."

"Why not?"

"Lisa's going to be there."

"So?"

Irene crossed her arms. "So, the last time Lisa was at a bonfire, Jackson accused her of charming her way into my pants – even though we obviously haven't slept together."

"But you're together?"

"Not... officially."

Junmyeon sighed. "You sure you know what you're doing?" Irene nodded. "Okay, then I support you. I want you to be happy, and everyone else wants that too. That's all we want. It'll sink it, the idea of you dating Lisa. Don't worry."

"I... don't want to tell Jackson yet," Irene said quietly. "Could you please just not mention it to anyone who doesn't already know? AKA, anyone other than you and Wendy."

"Of course," Junmyeon agreed. "Now come to the bonfire with us. It's a big lake, you probably won't even see Lisa."

Irene hesitated for a moment, but then she sighed and relented. "Fine."

***

From Irene – Looks like I'll be at the bonfire after all. My GREAT friend Jackson has decided that we're all going.

Lisa's eyes widened slightly as she read the text. She was currently at Jisoo's house, where Jisoo was digging through her closet to find something "sexy" to wear. Rosé, far less enthusiastic, was sitting nervously on Jisoo's bed. Lisa was sitting at Jisoo's desk – which was very clearly never used for anything other than a storage space – looking at her phone.

To Irene – You sound very excited lol.

From Irene – Oh yes, I am overjoyed. I'm especially happy that Wendy and Junmyeon both just cornered me to ask whether or not there's something going on between us. Am I really that obvious?

Lisa smiled at the phone.

To Irene – Your eyes probably give you away.

From Irene – What about my eyes...?

To Irene – I can't tell if you're genuinely confused or fishing for compliments.

From Irene – Hmm. You know how much I love flattery, but I'm actually confused this time. X

To Irene – Your eyes smile a lot, at least around me, and I've noticed that they kind of portray what you're feeling. Which I guess is fair, considering how much you usually try to contain your feelings.

From Irene – I don't do that.

To Irene – Yes, you do. Especially around your friends.

From Irene – Ugh. Maybe you're right.

To Irene – Of course, I'm right ;)

From Irene – Excuse me for thinking that four years of being out of high school might have given me some extra general knowledge.

To Irene – Maybe all that went to your art instead. X

From Irene – Here comes the flattery again.

Lisa hadn't realized that she'd been smiling until she heard Rosé groan. "You're texting that guy again."

Jisoo's attention was drawn over to Lisa in confusion. "What guy?"