The very first night

Start from the beginning

"Rory..." The brunette started.

"I answered your question, now pass me the blunt." She refused to make direct eye contact with him. He passed it over to her with a heavy sigh, letting her inhale a few times before taking it back for himself.

Aurora jumped at the sound of her phone going off, reaching into her bag to find a message that she instantly regretted reading.

Poor little princess Aurora,
did your beloved Alison
know who used to sit in
that back seat instead of
Eric Kahn? -A

Fear struck her mind at the sight of the text, the reminder of her biggest secret caused waves of anxiety to come crashing down on her, as the memory of the night it all started came back to her in vivid picture.

2009

Tears were streaming down the blonde's face as she weaved her way down the stairs of some frat house. Her skin was on fire, handprints of a stranger tattooed all over with invisible ink. Her mind was hazy and overrun with countless thoughts.

Aurora had never been this drunk before. The world around her was spinning, her head pounding from the loud music. She was currently searching through the busy crowds, desperate to find her best friend. Her emotions were running wild, the overwhelming rush of panic mixed in with alcohol was causing her breathing to speed up, she needed to find Ali.

Grabbing her phone out of her bag, she called Alison for the third time, leaving her yet another voicemail. "Ali, please pick up, I can't find anyone right now and I just really need my best friend okay?" Her voice kept wavering throughout the message, still shaken up from the past three hours of her life.

The front door was in sight now, a sigh of relief escaped Aurora's mouth as she hastily made her way out the house, staring at her phone to see if Alison had replied.

She hadn't.

Before an awful sinking feeling could settle into her stomach, she walked straight into another body, "Shit, I'm sorry." A deep voice said as he helped kept her upright.

"No it was my faul-" Her words came to an abrupt hold as she gazed up into the eyes of Eric Kahn.

"You're Aurora Jenkins, right?" Eric said in a casual tone, he remained close to her, realising that she was a drunk mess who could barely keep herself upright. "Aren't you a little young to be at one of these parties?"

The blonde girl was speechless. Eric Kahn knew who she was! "I- Uh- yeah, I guess."  She stammered out, feeling immensely embarrassed at how idiotic she must look in this moment. "I'm here with my friend Alison though."

"Oh really?" He questioned, if Aurora wasn't so drunk, she would have picked up the surprised tone of his voice.

"Yeah, I'm actually looking for her right now." She stated, "Have you seen her? She's blonde, judgemental and super pretty." This brought a small smile on to Eric's face.

"Wait." His amused expression suddenly dropped. "You're talking about Alison Dilaurentis? Jason's little sister?" The blonde nodded, her eyes filling with hope. "Shit Aurora, I saw her leave like two hours ago."